Monday, May 30, 2011

[Review] Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh



Archangel's Kiss

by Nalini Singh
Publication Date: February 2, 2010
Hardcover, 352 pages
Publisher: Berkley; Original edition


Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux wakes from a year-long coma to find that she has become an angel-and that her lover, the stunningly dangerous archangel Raphael, likes having her under his control. But almost immediately, Raphael must ready Elena for a flight to Beijing, to attend a ball thrown by the archangel Lijuan. Ancient and without conscience, Lijuan's power lies with the dead. And she has organized the most perfect and most vicious of welcomes for Elena...

-Goodreads


My thoughts?

Now I already loved the first book, the Angels’ Blood, so I’m not even surprised that I felt exactly the same for this one. This is as stunning as the first book, perhaps even more. It has bewitched me in a serious way.


Nalini Singh has yet again showed us the darkly beautiful world of the angels and vampires in her second installation of the Guild Hunter series, the Archangel’s Kiss. This book followed the awakening of Elena, the Guild Hunter, from a year long coma to find out that she now belongs to the dangerous but dazzling Archangel of New York, Raphael.

And then here comes Raphael’s Seven – the beautiful and dangerous group of three vampires and four angels who vowed to protect their Sire even if it would cost them their own lives. They have different characters and I find them really intriguing. And yes, I felt the urge to mention them in my review because I felt like these beautiful men were one of the reasons for my fascination of this book. Seriously, some of them have histories that are itching in my mind that I couldn’t wait to be unraveled.

The story itself was captivating. I’ve always liked mystery and action and this book has given me exactly what I wanted. And yes, this is also seriously told in an explicit way. But I bet many would like it for that matter. The relationship of Elena and Raphael has been really entertaining, I guess. And anyway, Raphael could do or own anything he wants to, he’s that powerful. Was that a little shady? You can read it and it wouldn’t be that shady anymore.

The world wherein the Guild Hunter series have been revolving really fascinates me even until the second book. I should be able to already get the hang of it and yet, I’m still enchanted to the deadly world of the angels and vampires and how they interact with the humans.

And somehow, I get this feeling like the Archangels are of some sort of like the Greek gods or something. They rule their own respective territories and they try so hard to somehow, dangerous and cruel as they already are, minimize their viciousness to avoid abhorrence from their subjects. This book gives me a feeling like it’s in some kind of a mythological world somewhere and is not really in this dimension but yet it has the territories’ names that are actually in use in our own good old home planet right now.

Now I can’t wait to read the third book of the series, the Archangel’s Consort. I have no doubt how amazing it’s going to be. So I’m really looking forward to it. There are still mysteries yet to be discovered so I will not miss it for sure. And even having not finished the whole series yet, I can say that these books are ones of my favorites in the paranormal world.






Ratings:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Review by:


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I'll try this book soon. Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly descriptive article, I liked that a lot.
    Will there be a part 2?

    Here is my blog; this website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like and interesting read I'll put on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...