Monday, May 16, 2011

[Review] The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister's face when she and Elias left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the horde as they found their way to the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.

Annah's world stopped that day and she's been waiting for him to come home ever since. Without him, her life doesn't feel much different from that of the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Then she meets Catcher and everything feels alive again.

Except, Catcher has his own secrets—dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah's longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it's up to Annah—can she continue to live in a world drenched in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return's destruction?


My Thoughts?

Another extraordinary book from Carrie Ryan! Now I’m positive that she’s always topping her previous ones with her latest book. And this she had proven again with The Dark and Hollow Places, the last book of The Forest Of Hands And Teeth trilogy.

In the brink of the world collapsing, you’re sure to feel like giving up because of hopelessness. The magic of Ryan’s words would make you feel so cynical of the survival of humanity and you could only feel bad for the characters that you grew to love.

Things happen in the book that you never thought it would. In other words, it’s not predictable. The only thing that would be in your mind while reading is; what’s going to happen next? And for that same reason that you wouldn’t really be able to stop from reading. I mean that’s probably the case in other books that you also love but I just thought I might point that out in here.

It’s indeed fascinating! And Annah might most likely be my favorite character among the three female protagonists of the trilogy. I mean all of them are strong minded, yes. They’ve all been through many difficulties and I even doubt I could keep myself from becoming insane if I was in their position. The difference with Annah in comparison to the other two is that she’s not just strong emotionally, she could as well protect herself from the dangers in the Dark City despite being a woman. She was able to continue living in a city full dangers without her “brother” Elias to protect her. Unlike the other two, she survived even if she was alone. It’s pretty amazing. She’s tough and I knew I liked her for that.

Through her, Ryan made another life from gaining hope and belief that somehow Annah, along with her sister and her friends, will find Utopia. That’s another thing from the book. It might not always sound like there's going to be a happy ever after, but there’s somewhat hope that we could hold onto to keep pushing and never give up.

I love the book! This trilogy is a masterpiece!





Ratings:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Review by:

Photobucket

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO JOIN OUR GIVEAWAY!

It's up till the May 18th

Join
HERE

4 comments:

  1. Haven't read this one yet, but I do love the other books in the series. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book of this book but I have not started reading it. I think I have to take time for this book. Just like your review, many blogger love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this series, and I think I love The Dark and Hollow Places the most out of all three. I have to say I love Annah in the book. She does what she has to for the people she loves, and it is such an admirable quality. I also like her relationship with Catcher, because of how things worked out in the previous book. I loved so many things about this book, but I do not want to give too much away. This is just an amazing book, full of emotions.

    I have to say that if even if you were not completely in love with the previous Forest of Hands and Teeth, this one is worth reading. It is truly the best one out of all of them. It is a great read even for someone who is not a huge fan of zombie novels. I think these books are about far more than zombies; it is more about the human emotions and reactions. It is just a great series, and it has to be one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read The Forest of Hands and Teeth yet, but I really want to and this sequel sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...