Saturday, July 30, 2011

[Review] Cascade by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Cascade
by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Publication Date: June 1, 2011

Hardcover, 416 pages
Publisher: David C. Cook; New edition

Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”

Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.

But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.

-Goodreads

My Thoughts?




Man I love this book a lot! It had me smiling from start to finish. There are just a lot of reasons to smile for this book. I mean I’ve been laughed at by my friends at school because I squeak, giggle, laugh, and get my eyes all dreamy because of this book. But it’s okay because I know I got them intrigued with what I’m reading. And so much for that... 

Cascade is the sequel to Lisa Tawn Bergren’s successful first book Waterfall of the River of Time Series. The second book picked up the story more or less than 20 minutes after the Waterfall ending. It was fast but it had to be... I mean you’ll understand when you read it.

I had mentioned in the Waterfall review how in love I am with History and with this book being a historical romance young-adult novel made it an awesome book already. It actually made me more interested with the medieval period. And I am glad for it because it’s an additional information. Now enough with the nerdy side.

I make it to a point that I don’t go crushing with the male lead characters of any book because well they’ll obviously end up with the female lead and I’d be jealous. And I mean even if that’s the case, of my so called making it to a point thing I mean, of course I’d still end  up falling in love with the heroes. But this is one of those few books that I actually fell in love with a villain. Can I mention Lord Rodolfo Greco here? I mean Gabi sees this medieval knight as a hottie already even if she’s in love with Marcello so I’m fairly certain that Lord Greco is that gorgeous. And making him a mysterious villain makes it even a lot better. Not that I’m into the bad bad bad guy type... it was just because I felt something different with him. Even if he’s like a real mean guy... I felt like there’s a reasonable thing in him. And I wasn’t wrong in a way. Yes I fell hard for him. And anyway, if you’re not into that villainous type of guy, you can still read a California surfer dude slash funny type of guy in Luca. And of course, never forget Marcello who is in every way a definition of an Italian hotness. 

(Did I sound like a real creep for being mostly only after those hotties? Because it’s usually what my friends and I search for a book. As teenagers and all stuffs like that, we mostly wanted a real nice story with swoon worthy heroes... and then we can talk about it all day.) 

Aside from the hot guys of course, the story too is brilliant. I tell you this one is full of action, just as how I like it. Really, like from the start to end, it’s all about running and fighting and running and fighting for their lives. And there is of course the occasional flirting. It’s really that exciting. I love this book a lot. It’s the story and the characters and most probably just the entirety of it.

The way Cascade ended made the third book of this series a must read. The second I finished it, I wanted to get a grip with Torrent in the instant. I really am that excited for their next life-threatening adventure. I love this book and I felt like I’ve said that a lot already but anyway... I also love the series... And maybe you guys would too... Nah you will definitely enjoy it.


Ratings:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Review by:

 

CASCADE TRAILER







4 comments:

  1. I read Waterfall and loved it and now I have to wait for Cascade..

    You're no creep. You're a girl and a reader which makes it natural for you to lust after literary hotties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you enjoyed CASCADE too. Thanks for the review, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing great things about this series. I want! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hunted out the trilogy to take to the beach with me, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...