Monday, July 11, 2011

[Update] Once Upon a Read-aThon


"Once Upon a Read-a-Thon" is hosted by Angela at Reading Angel, Lori at Pure Imagination, Candace at Candace's Book Blog. It runs from 12:01 AM on July 11 to 11:59 PM on July 13th.


Here's my Read-a-thon pile...




The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Flawless by Lara Chapman
Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning


SQUEE! Hoping to finish this four books in 3 days!

UPDATE

Finished with The Goddess Test and Return to Paradise

Started my 3rd book witch is Darkfever and i'm 50% done with it! 
I don't think I can finish the 4th book so sad!!!
School stuffs lol hoping to finish my 3rd book before the day ends!
but for now I have a class to attend! :)


MINI CHALLENGE

IB Book Blogging

1. What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)
I think my favorite type of myth would be... Greek, I just finished The Goddess Test and it was totally awesome! I think i'm loving the fact that there are many Mythology YA books being published lately. I believe Half-Blood and Solstice are some...

2. What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it?
I just answered this from the above question. The Goddess Test is really an amazing book! I read Daimon too and I think this one is really good :)


YA Bliss

My Top 3 Love Triangles

1. Edward - Bella - Jacob (Twilight Series)
The most EPIC love triangles of them all! Sorry Team Edward but I'm totally Team Jacob! movie wise hahaha who wouldn't want those delicious abs of Taylor Lautner?!

2. Peeta - Katniss - Gale (The Hunger Games Series)
First of I think Katniss did deserve Gale for a while but then Peeta was the boy with the bread! She did everything for Katniss which I totally admire so Team Peeta!

3. Ash - Meghan - Puck (The Iron Fey Series)
Many will disagree but I know Meghan is with Ash blah blah blah but I'm totally Team Puck! nuff said! Argument Invalid!

The Bookish Type

Fake Synopsis


When Ella returned to Paradise she never thought it would be like this. It's different, she doesn't know anybody, she was lost from the one place she thought she was happy. Her life changed the moment she met the luscious Drake Curtis. A dark, mysterious boy who he dreamed of marrying. What she doesn't know is that Drake was the one thing she doesn't want to mess with. With her recklessness and Drake's mysterious personality, will they find each other if the people around them are against with them being together? How will Ella react if she finds out what Drake really is...

BOOKS FROM BLEH TO BASICALLY AMAZING

Books I recommend!

To be honest it's really HARD to recommend a book specially cause I have lots of favorites! I don't know if you have read this one I'm recommending but I have come to one book that I've read this past few weeks that until now I'm still obsessing myself with! The plot and characters is just pure bliss! I can totally say that I'm IN LOVE with this book and I recommend it to you! 


Out of my Read-a-Thon pile I think I have 2 favorite this would be:
The Goddess Test and Return To Paradise.



If I have to really pick one out of my read-a-thon list this would be Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles. I picked this because it's Simone Elkeles do you need more explanation? Lol I just looooooove Simone Elkeles I think I just need to finish the Ruined series and I've read all her books. Return to Paradise is the sequel of Leaving Paradise, the story happened when Caleb left Paradise leaving Maggie all alone. Leaving Paradise was really heart breaking for me as well as this one. I have high praises with this book, it has brought me into a whole different kind of emotions. Sometimes i'm pissed off with Caleb and then with Maggie which I find the writing really effective cause it actually affected me! The characters and the story is one of a kind, a story I can never forget. Because of this series I swore myself to praise Simone Elkeles at my Best Contemporary Author! it was a done deal the moment I started this book! it surpasses the previous book! The story is just beautiful, I can't explain more but I swear it's a must read! I can recommend this and brag about this to anybody! if your looking for a great contemporary read I suggest this one or any Simone Elkeles book. The way she writing just really captures my heart. All in all it was a fast and awesome read!


Wicked Awesome Books

Match Maker

Hmm this one is kind of hard... I think the books that I've read has the perfect other half so I don't think I can just match those characters from other books... but for the sake of this challenge i've think of some minor characters that kind of needs some attention... so here it goes...

I picked Georgia sister of Kate of Die For Me and Gale of The Hunger Games

Georgia seems to need a man who can protect her and to make her kind of... tame lol since she's a party girl. I think they compliment each other, Gale is a sweet guy and I think they won't have a hard time hooking up :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I adore The Goddess Test. I'm getting tired of the usual YA formulas but I just can't enough of this book! I read Flawless a month or so ago but I found it easily forgettable. :/

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite a believable synopsis. Mine not so much...loL!! I did Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke.

    I was a bit of a Team Jacob fan too. There was just something about Jacob...

    Michelle A

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you're doing super well on the read-a-thon! Keep up the good work and I hope you meet all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting reads!

    hi, got here via the I heart blogging wednesday blog hop...followed you in gfc and nb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in on the Matchmaker mini challenge!!

    Gale has never been my favorite person, but I've enjoyed seeing him paired up with new people. After everything he goes through, he deserves someone and if you say this party girl would be good for him, then I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...