Saturday, August 6, 2011

[Review] Bleeder by L.K. Rigel



Bleeder

by L.K. Rigel
File Size, 1078 KB
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services


The King of Garrick wants to kill her.
The King of Allel wants to love her.
And shapeshifters stole her baby's soul! 


It's been a hundred years since sea-level rise and global nuclear war wiped out most of humanity. Mallory is a chalice, one of the world's rare fertile females who contract with the kings of the Concord Cities to provide natural-born heirs.

It was supposed to be a pampered and uneventful life, but Mal becomes caught between King Garrick's scheme for world domination and the goddess Asherah's desperate plays for another god's attention.

In her struggle to survive, Mal must confront the most terrifying threat of all -- the truth of her past and the inevitability of her destiny.

-Goodreads

My Thoughts?


Bleeder is beautiful. It’s my first time reading this kind of novel. Well I mean first time reading the kind of story. And I did not regret it.


It has two prequels, the Space Junque and Spiderwork. They were short and very fast-paced but it prepared me for Bleeder. I would not have understood the story if it wasn’t for the two prequels.

I think the story is great. Seriously, when I think about it in general, I couldn’t help but smile and kind of pity and wonder about the status of the Bleeders. Well if you didn’t get it, the Bleeders are the chosen maidens that the goddess Asherah blessed with fertility, thus “Bleeder” because they bleed. You see this book is of another time on earth, more specifically the future when humanity had succeeded in destroying the planet that gave/gives us life. The people in this book have been trying to continue to breed but the women lost their fertility because of the contaminated environment. It kind of affected their health. Now the great goddess Asherah has chosen women to be fertile [to bleed] but they had to like make contracts with the aristocrats, those who can pay them, to breed the aristocrats’ future generation. In shorter words, they’re kind of prostitutes.  But I mean prostitutes who are trying to continue the human species right?

But somehow, I really could not get myself to be like them. I know they’re humans and stuff but these people, I might as well consider them from another planet. I pretty much understand that people adapt to their environment and it would make them the way they are. But I could not imagine breeding babies and not care for them.

Anyway, as much as I love the story, the writing seemed fast. I mean there are different authors out there, so of course there are plenty of ways of writing. I’m not even complaining. I just want to say it. Okay that’s it. It’s a little fast but nothing that could get me confused or lost.

Maybe you could read it too. And then you’ll like it. I don’t know but I feel like you would. And read the prequels first, I mean it wouldn’t take much of your time since they’re both short but it would give you like something to be looking forward to to Bleeder.




Ratings:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Review by:


0 fancy comment:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...