Monday, December 5, 2011

Bookish News #3



Welcome to Bookish News by We Fancy Books. This is a feature where we try to sum up some Book News the whole week. I hope this feature will help you guys be up to date about the latest Book News around the Bookish Community~

Book Release
 

December 29th

Legend by Marie Lu (Review)
Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Untraceable by S.R. Johannes

December 1st

The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith Saintcrow
Cathing Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

December 5th

Witch & Wizard: The Fire by James Patterson
Wintertown by Stephen Emond

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Julie Kagawa Interviews' Khristine Hvam

If people don't know Khristine Hvam is the voice of Meghan in The Iron King audiobook which is now available in Audible.

What do you have in common with Meghan?

"I’m not sure Meghan and I have a lot in common at all… (maybe her romantic side) and I’m sure that’s not really the answer you were looking for… BUT, if I found out that I was the half daughter “princess” of the Faerie King, my best friend was Puck, and I’d ride off into the sunset with the hot bad boy who pledged his undying love for me… I’d be WAY more ok with that."

Read the Full Interview here

Clockwork Prince Book Trailer
Cassandra Clare, the author best known for the Mortal Instrument series, is back with the second installment of her other New York Times best-selling series, The Infernal Devices Trilogy. As you count down the seconds until Dec. 6, when Clockwork Prince hits shelves, we have a haunting, cinematic trailer that will transport you to Victorian London, where Shadowhunters roam the misty streets, the Magister is up to his dark deeds, and the Tessa-Jem-Will love triangle continues.

If the voice in the trailer sounds familiar to you, that’s because it belongs to Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick, who also narrates the audio versions of the books. The third and final Infernal Devices book is slated for Sept. 2013. See the Clockwork Prince trailer below!

credits to EW


KIRKUS REVIEWS
Releases the Best Teen Books of 2011
Some of the books are:
Beauty Queens
Anna Dressed in Blood
Ashfall
Daughter of Smoke and Bones
Delirium
Misfit
A Monster Calls
FULL LIST HERE

Tahereh Mafi talks about her debut novel Shatter Me on Los Angeles Times!

In Tahereh Mafi's young-adult debut, "Shatter Me," a young woman is jailed for something she has no ability to control. Whomever she touches, she kills. Whether that's a gift or a curse she discovers over time -- and with the help of an attractive cellmate. We caught up with the Orange County author to talk about the kickoff to her much-talked-about trilogy.

Jacket Copy: One of the more intriguing aspects about your book is your decision to strike out sections of text and let the reader see the words the main character is contemplating but ultimately rejects. Why did you use this technique?

Tahereh Mafi: I never made a conscious decision to use strikethroughs in the novel; they just became an organic way to express the chaos and turmoil in Juliette's mind. When we first meet her, she's been in isolation for 264 days; she hasn't spoken a single word in just as long. She's struggling with reality, too petrified to speak, not even trusting the things she writes down in her journal. But as her character develops -- and the story progresses -- the strikethroughs lessen as well.
FULL INTERVIEW HERE

Debut author Veronica Rossi discusses writing Under The Never Sky


Until I Die by Amy Plum gets a new synopsis! 
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.



UNTIL I DIE TEASER
I can’t do this. As the thought flashed through my mind, I had a panic-induced out-of-body experience. I felt like I was up in the air looking down at myself: a teenage girl standing in an alleyway brandishing a sword at a man almost twice her size. I can’t, I thought again. I’m too afraid to move.

My enemy righted himself and started toward me. I looked up into his cold, murderous eyes, and that was all it took. I felt the adrenaline coursing through my veins and my heart thumping in my chest. And suddenly I was in the zone.



HAPPY 176TH BIRTHDAY MARK TWAIN! Thanks for sharing your love of literature with the world!
tweeted by @PenguinPbks on Nov. 30th

Author Andrea Cremer gives sneak peek at BLOODROSE, the final book in the NIGHTSHADE series


Carrier of The Mark by Leigh Fallon is OUT on Audio!
Performed by Nicola Barber
Download it here
Listen for an Excerpt here

Congratulations ! MATCHED is #1 on the NYT paperback bestseller list, and CROSSED is at #5 on the hardcover list! So excited!
tweeted by @PenguinTeen on Dec. 1st

Second ‘Potter’ theme park coming to Universal Hollywood

The Wall Street Journal has just revealed that Universal will soon announce that their Hollywood resort will play home to the second Harry Potter theme park!

FULL ARTICLE HERE

INSIDER INFORMATION: A Possession Short Story is available for FREE in all digital formats.
Available here FOR FREE!




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for Kiss Of Frost! You're all over this! Tahereh Mafi! Clockwork Prince! SQUEES ALL ROUND!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...