Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #17

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

I've Got Your Number
by Sophie Kinsella
Expected publication: February 14th 2012 by The Dial Press
Synopsis from Goodreads
I've lost it. The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate Poppy. Stay positive!!

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


Poison Heart
by S. B. Hayes
 Expected publication: March 1st 2012 by Quercus Books
Synopsis from Goodreas
An idle glance through the window of a bus changes everything for Katy Rivers.

A mysterious girl, with luminous green eyes, stares back and from that moment on she haunts Katy and appears to know her every move, even what she is thinking. What is the strange connection between them? And what is the power of the emerald pendant which the girl bestows on her?

‘I’m everything you’re not and I’m going to take over your life… I’m your worst nightmare.’

These chilling words mean that Katy is gradually backed into a corner, alienated from everyone she holds dear, even her own mother. Only her best friend Luke, keeps faith and together they must find a way to defeat the girl who is determined that she will be with Katy...even until death.

POISON HEART combines psychological suspense with teen romance and makes for a thoroughly chilling read.


Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous
by Kathryn Williams
Expected publication: August 21st 2012 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Synopsis from Goodreads
Can a spot on a teen reality show really lead to a scholarship at an elite cooking school AND a summer romance?

Sixteen-year-old Sophie Nicolaides was practically raised in the kitchen of her family’s Italian-Greek restaurant, Taverna Ristorante. When her best friend, Alex, tries to convince her to audition for a new reality show, Teen Test Kitchen, Sophie is reluctant. But the prize includes a full scholarship to one of America's finest culinary schools and a summer in Napa, California, not to mention fame.

Once on-set, Sophie immediately finds herself in the thick of the drama—including a secret burn book, cutthroat celebrity judges, and a very cute French chef. Sophie must figure out a way to survive all the heat and still stay true to herself. A terrific YA offering--fresh, fun, and sprinkled with romance.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery



40 comments:

  1. Poison Heart sounds chilling. Great choices!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for What's your Number!! I thought I was the only one!!


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, three totally different but great-sounding books! Umm...thanks for the GR buttons? My wishlist just got a tiny bit longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Poison Heart sounds exciting! Hadn't seen this one around :D Great picks!

    Amy's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them all, but "Poison Heart" made me go "Ooooo!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOPHIE KINSELLA!! I LO-ok calming down *clears throat* I love Sophie Kinsella ^_^. Adding this to the TBR right now.

    Poisoned Heart sounds like its going to be a deliciously creepy read and that last one sounds very cute. Excellent picks my dear!

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I already had "Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff" on my to-read list (sounds fab!) and now I've added "I Got Your Number." Definitely sounds like a fun read :-) Thanks for the heads up!!

    Rachel Harris

    Flirting With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'I've got your number' sounds amazing, I cannot wait for that one either.
    'Pizza...' Yes, please! I loooooooved the concept since I saw it! me want now!
    'Poison Heart' that I've never heard of but wow it sounds awesome!

    thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all three sound ah-may-zing! i really like the cover for Poison Heart and it sounds so freaking scary.

    thanks for stopping by, and if you like bookmarks and stickers, I have a giveaway going on now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of any of these. But they sound really interesting. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. poison heart looks sooo good!!

    stop by my wow?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diverse selections and all equally intriguing! Great choices. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent picks and I love how you covered all bases: chick lit, some paranormalish fun, and some delightful fluff. I love the sound of all three.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sophie Kinsella books are fun. I haven't read one in a long time. Thanks for sharing it and thank you for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone seems so excited for each of these! And I admit I'm starting to feel the buzz myself.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, the cover for Poison Heart is GORGEOUS! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uh... PICKS. Though the pictures are lovely, too XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many great picks, I am especially excited for Poison Heart!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poison Heart sounds awesome. I would definitely like to read that one. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are great picks! I especially like I've Got Your Number and added it to my TBR! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These all sound fun! Well, except Posion Heart cuz that seems creepy good! Great picks and thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am really excited for Poison Heart in particular, it sounds like such a deliciously creepy read! And Pizza, Love and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous sounds like a lot of fun. And who can say no to a cute French chef? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am really excited for Sophie kinsella's book!!!!! I saw it's on net galley and I can't wait to read it

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  24. All look like really amazing books. I was contemplating on putting Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous on my WoW but I chose another. So glad to see soemone picked it for yesterdays wow. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those sound awesome! Thanks for stopping by the blog, I've added a couple new books to my TBR list =)
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  26. I definitely have to focus on Sophie Kinsella again. Did you read The Undomestic Goddess? Amazing book. Nice picks!

    Anne(from Living in a Fairy World)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like Sophie Kinsella so I will be looking for her book. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the cover of Poison Heart! It's beautiful and creepy.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, seems like interesting books :D Great picks ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm intrigued by the description of Poison Heart! I've never come across it before but it looks like I'll have to add it to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice pick! Poison Heart and I've got your number seems great! I'm gonna add them to my TBR pile : I've got your number sounds hilarious!

    THX for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for stopping by! I really like how the cooking one sounds. I'll definitely check that one out.

    Arianna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow they all sound so good!, and thanks for stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great pick! Sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey, Thanks for stopping by, poison Heart looks really good ;)
    Tristan @ Reads With Wreckless Abandon

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my gosh, all of those books sound like such amazing reads! I love the cover for ALL three of them and I'm especially intrigued by the Sophie Kinsella book because I've heard that she's such an amazing author, and that pizza one because it sounds like a blast! :)

    Awesome picks for your WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I haven't heard of "Poison Heart" until now, but it sounds like a awesome read. Great WoW pick. I've added this book to my reading list and I will keep a eye out for a copy to read as the release date gets closer. Here's My WoW

    Peace, Love & Good Books From Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  38. OOO only have heard of the Sophie Kinsella one, but all three look amazing! Great picks this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great Wow! Love your picks. I hadn't heard of Poison Heart and am adding that to my list. I'm also looking forward to Pizza.

    Readergirl
    Readergirl Reviews a Teen Book

    ReplyDelete
  40. All three sound totally awesome, but I think my heart belongs to the Sophie Kinsella novel. :) Thanks a bunch for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...