Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #18




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Vengeance Born
 by Kylie Griffin
Expected publication: February 7th 2012 by Berkley Trade
Synopsis from Goodreads
There is no mercy in the demon realm. No escape. In this place of desperation and conflict, anyone who is not pure bred is virtually powerless. Until an unlikely champion is born...

Annika, half-blood daughter of the Na'Reish King, longs for more than her tormented life among her father's people. Conceived in hatred and bred as a tool of retribution, she's gifted with a special talent that can heal as well as destroy...

With the Na'Reish vastly outnumbering them, Kalan, a Light Blade warrior, knows the future of humankind depends on him alone. Incursions into human territory and raids for blood-slaves by the Na'Reish Horde have increased. As Chosen-leader, he faces the task of stopping the demons-and convincing the Council of aging Light Blade warriors that change is necessary for survival.

When Annika learns Kalan is a prisoner in her father's dungeon, her dream of escape seems within reach. She agrees to free him in exchange for his protection once they reach human territory. Now, marked for death for helping him, Annika must learn to trust Kalan as they face not only the perilous journey to the border but enemies within the Council-and discover a shocking truth that could throw the human race into civil war...

The Iron Wyrm Affair
by Lilith Saintcrow
Expected publication: August 7th 2012 by Orbit
Synopsis from Goodreads
Emma Bannon, Prime sorceress in the service of the Empire, has a mission: to protect Archibald Clare, a failed, unregistered mentath. His skills of deduction are legendary, and her own sorcery is not inconsiderable. It doesn’t much help that they dislike each other, or that Bannon’s Shield, Mikal, might just be a traitor himself. Or that the conspiracy killing registered mentaths and sorcerers alike will just as likely kill them as seduce them into treachery toward their Queen. In an alternate London where illogical magic has turned the Industrial Revolution on its head, Bannon and Clare now face hostility, treason, cannon fire, black sorcery, and the problem of reliably finding hansom cabs.

The game is afoot…
 Kissing Shakespeare
by Pamela Mingle
Expected publication: August 14th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
 Synopsis from Goodreads
Miranda has Shakespeare in her blood: she hopes one day to become a Shakespearean actor like her famous parents. At least, she does until her disastrous performance in her school’s staging of The Taming of the Shrew. Humiliated, Miranda skips the opening-night party. All she wants to do is hide.

Fellow cast member, Stephen Langford, has other plans for Miranda. When he steps out of the backstage shadows and asks if she’d like to meet Shakespeare, Miranda thinks he’s a total nutcase. But before she can object, Stephen whisks her back to 16th century England—the world Stephen’s really from. He wants Miranda use her acting talents and modern-day charms on the young Will Shakespeare. Without her help, Stephen claims, the world will lost its greatest playwright.

Miranda isn’t convinced she’s the girl for the job. Why would Shakespeare care about her? And just who is this infuriating time traveler, Stephen Langford? Reluctantly, she agrees to help, knowing that it’s her only chance of getting back to the present and her “real” life. What Miranda doesn’t bargain for is finding true love…with no acting required.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Let us know in the comments~

35 comments:

  1. I love the covers!!! The books sound pretty good!! Excellent choices! Thank you for sharing it!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vengeance as a beautiful cover. This is the first I've heard of it. Thanks for sharing :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these book sound great, will be adding them to my wish list! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kissing Shakespeare has been on my list for awhile, but I just added Iron Wyrm Affair. Thanks for sharing some great books.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Love all these picks--especially Kissing Shakespeare! It has so much in common with my upcoming book that I'm all kinds of eager to read it and have to wait to August lol. Thanks so much for shouting it out, woot!

    Thanks also for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Have a fantabulous Christmas! :-)

    Rachel Harris

    Flirting With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I I especially like the sound of the first two! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Amy @ Following The Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those *all* sound great. That's a new Lilith Saintcrow title to me-- thanks for the heads up!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strike!!!
    Three of them are new for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty covers! they all sound pretty good. great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found out about The Iron Wyrm Affair & it sounds like a book that would be right up my alley. :D Can't wait to read it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great choices! I haven't heard of any of these but they all sound really good. I am definitely adding Kissing Shakespeare on my list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those are awesome picks! I especially love Kissing Shakespeare! Glad it doesn't come out until August! Seems like a lot I want are coming out in January. Thanks for pointing these great books out!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh this one looks so awesome!!!! I just added it to my TBR list :) Great pick and happy holidays!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful covers, and such wonderful picks. I hope you get to read them all!

    Merry Christmas,

    Alexandra~

    A Christmas present: my Christmas novel, Clara Claus, is free now through Dec. 25th: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/95898

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover on The Iron Wyrm Affair is enough to make me pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What awesome choices! I really like the cover for The Iron Wyrm Affair. Thanks for stopping by my blog today =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also loved the cover for The Iron Wyrm Affair until I noticed it says 'cover not final' haha boo :/

    thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh wow Vengeance Born sounds amazing I haven't heard of it before!! Definitely going on my wishlist! Great picks! 

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my word! I LOVE the cover for The Iron Wyrm Affair! It looks like could be the poster for a new Sherlock Holmes movie! All it needs Jude Law!

    And Kissing Shakespeare sounds amazing!
    Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! I love all of those choices! Seriously, I am in love. I must add them to my TBR-list ASAP.
    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I love all those covers! They are beautiful. I really love the cover of Iron Wyrm Affair. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for you comment on my blog. :)

    I like your choices there, especially the first book. It sounds like a great read and I LOVE the cover. I love the cover for the second book on your list, too. What can I say? I am a huge sucker for gorgeous covers. Thanks for sharing your WOW! :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely some awesome books! And they're all new to me, so thanks for sharing, have to check them out! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the comment on my WoW. :-D

    The first one of your picks looks really interesting I have added it to my to-read list on goodreads and can't wait to read it! I'm so excited! *Que music*

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are new to me! Thanks for stopping by my WOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kissing Shakespeare sounds amazing! Great picks and thank you for stopping by.

    Otherwhere.co

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never heard of any of these! They all sound great. Good choices! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really intereting picks. =] They look really good and my kind of genre. I will have to look into them. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't heard of any of these books, but they sound really good. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like the sound of Kissing Shakespeare! And the middle book reminds me of Sherlock holms!
    Thanks for the comment!
    The HP prequel seems to be fairly unknown!
    ROMI.xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. those all sound good :) 3 books nice ;) good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome choices! Kissing Shakespear sounds really good, I so need to read more contemporary novels. And I have to say, The Iron Wyrm Affair sounds like a deliciously thrilling ride! One I'm excited to take :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, great picks & all new to me, so adding them on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ohh, those looks interesting. Not even sure if I've seen them before. o: Always nice to come across new books to look for! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for featuring my book on your blog - it's great to see it's garnering some interest with your readers (and that the cover is impressing them too - my cover artist will be chuffed! :-) ).

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...