Wednesday, January 18, 2012

[Blog Tour] Between by Mary Ting


GUEST POST BY MARY TING

Crossroads was based on your dreams. Did you have a special dream for Between?

Yes, I did. It wasn’t a dream. It was a nightmare! I was sitting in the back seat of a car. Two female friends I didn’t recognize were sitting next to me. I was in the center. We were having a conversation and then all of sudden I started to feel extremely uncomfortable. The one on the right swung over, straddling over my lap, pinned my arms to the back seat. Startled by her sudden action, all I could do was watch her mouth open wide as it covered my face completely. I couldn’t breathe. No air!!! Suffocating. I thought I was dying. Somehow my hands became free. I slid them inside her mouth. It felt cold, slimy and wet…lol!!! I pulled her off me. When I awoke, I took in a deep breath, gasping. As I snuggled closer to my husband, a thought occur. The panic of this nightmare quickly subsided when I decided it would be great to write about it in Between…hehe!!! Now you’ll have to read and find out…lol!!!

REVIEW
Between
by Mary Ting
Publication Date: January 12th, 2012
Published by: White Castle Publishing
Source: Author
Summary:
As the alkins head back to Crossroads, Claudia leads her normal life; but not for long. Having a special soul, Claudia attracts danger, and she soon finds out who Gamma asked to watch over her. The Twelve, known as Divine Elders on Earth, are very much involved when they find out that Aliah, one of the God’s first angels, escaped from the Abyss when the gates were opened by Aden. Needing Claudia’s soul to escape the only place Aliah can reside–a place between Heaven and Earth–he sends his demons in search of all Claudia Emersons on Earth. Taking her soul will enable him to be released from Between and cross over to Crossroads, which would give him immense power. As more secrets are revealed Claudia learns about the venators—nephilim, demon hunters. Now two opposing forces must work together in order to save Claudia and humanity from the most dangerous angel ever created. But along the way, trust becomes a big issue. Will love be enough to keep Claudia and Michael together? Who will make the ultimate sacrifice? Who will betray them all?
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery


If you found yourself not getting enough of constantly thinking about Crossroads(my review), then hold on to your seats cause for sure, this book will get you high!

Two thumbs up for Mary Ting for a job well-done for having this book creatively written. The plot is good, and the story line itself would make you want read the book during the wee hours of the night wishing that the novel wouldn’t somehow end. The second book had presented more intensity in the gravity of situation-- the dilemma of keeping our girl protagonist Claudia away from the dark forces, especially now that there are two tribes of Angelsbickering and always following her heelsjust to assure her safety.

The settings the author had described have been persistently breath-taking that even just reading about it could make you think you’ve drifted in it too.

The identities of the characters we all loved from the first novel were even more defined, and the other additions to the bunch have also played a sense of importance in theirinvolvement to the fast-paced events. They are one of the reasons why you would fall in love with this book. The deepness of the connection of the characters to each other could make you feel lots of emotions—like loss, friendship, and love.

Of course the romantic scenes had also rocketed sky-high! The moments between Michael and Claudia are getting a lot sexier, plus a mysterious character that had puzzled our minds in the first novel is now extremely hot on his wings for Claudia. The mockeries between Michael and the other guy could surely make the readers laugh and even make their bets!

I must admit that the latter happenings had shattered my heart into pieces. The book has this effect of getting its readers hooked up with it and it’s just superb!

Between is a very enchanting read that would surely get your head stuck in the clouds!

RATINGS
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Mary Ting resides in Southern California with her husband and two children. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Writing Crossroads was a way to grieve the death of her beloved grandmother. It was inspired by a dream she once had as a young girl.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I haven't heard of this book before, but I'll make sure get my hands on a copy!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's great to know the second book is as good ( if not better) than the first one

    thanks you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added the first book to my to-read list on Goodreads and if I like Crossroads, I surely will read this book too! But if this book is even better than the first, I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not yet CROSSROADS yet, but I have now added BETWEEN to my reading as well. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read the first book, but I hope to read both of them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have book one and have not yet read it, so I jumped to the bottom of the review LOL to catch your rating and final words. I am definitely looking forward to reading Between, it looks like it is even better than book one. I love starting a series knowing that book two is available and I will not have to wait forever for the next installment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely review! Makes me more excited to read the books!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...