Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #20


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Until I Die
by Amy Plum
Expected Publication: May 8th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers



Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.
Insurgent
by Veronica Roth
Expected Publication: May 1st 2012 by HarperCollins


One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.
Pandemonium
by Lauren Oliver
Expected Publication: February 28th 2012 by HarperTeen

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery
THESE ARE BOOKS THAT I'M DYING TO READ THIS 2012 ;)
WHATS YOUR WAITING ON WEDNESDAY PICKS?!
LEAVE ME SOME LINKS!



30 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for all three of these. I can't wait until they all come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all three of your choices. I haven't read "Delirium" yet, but I'm planning on it before "Pandemonium" comes out. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how Until I Die continues. I still have to read the first book in both the Divergent and Delirum series, but have both on my shelf.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly wait for Insurgent either! So far I'm LOVING this series. I haven't read the first books in the other 2 series mentioned yet but they look interesting too.

    Here's my first ever WOW...

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks for upcoming sequels. I am starting Divergent in February. I have been waiting for my group to read it.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked three really great books. i can't wait to read Insurgent and the first book sucha great cover, it's also on my tbr list. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally waiting on both of these books! Thanks for reminding about Until I Die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices!! I've been holding on to Divergent for awhile, wanted to be able to read more than one of them cause I heard it was SO good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! Three popular choices there - Im excited for Pandemonium :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! YES!! i am counting down the days until insurgent comes out. i LOVE LOVE LOVED divergent. i am excited about pandemonium too but i'm not looking forward to the love triangle that will be introduced.

    check out my WoW.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also can't wait for Insurgent :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for checking out my WoW.

    I'm totally waiting on Until I Die and Pandemonium, too! I haven't read the first book in the Veronica Roth series, but I'm definitely gonna give it a shot.

    Candace @ Lovey Dovey Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep meaning to read Divergent so that I can read Insurgent because I know the series is awesome. Those are some great picks!
    my WoW

    Krista - Nawanda Files

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! I'm really looking forward to reading Pandemonium. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have to read Divergent but I'm already looking forward to the next one, haha. And I can wait for Until I Die. I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Pandemonium and it was awesome! Great choices!

    Andie :)
    From A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those ALL look great and I CAN'T wait for Pandemonium! Here's my WOW... http://marmaladelibby.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-2-whisper-by-emma.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eek great pick I can,t wait for Insurgent! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. I my gosh! I can't wait for Insurgent and Until I Die.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent choices!!!!!!!!!! All books I'm dying for! I can't wait to see what happens in Pandemonium! It has been killing me for a year! Until I Die and Insurgent will be amazing too I'm sure! Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. TALK ABOUT A SWOONY WOW!!! OMG. Insurgent. My MOST needed book of 2012. Divergent was freaking incredible!! And I'm dying to read Pandemonium after that awful cliffhanger in Delirium. And eeee, more Paris and Vincent and Jules in Until I Die, please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. YESSSS! I want everything on your WoW this week. Those are awesome titles you've picked. Thanks for stopping by and for sharing!

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Three awesome books! Really great picks!

    MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm anxiously awaiting all three of these. Gorgeous covers and must-haves for every personal library.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great picks! I'm looking forward to all three. And, oh, the gorgeous covers! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I CAN'T WAIT for Insurgent and Pandemonium either!!!! I still haven't read Die For Me, but the book sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All of those are on my list as well! Can't wait for Until I Die, have been waiting sooooo long for that one it seems!
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been slacking so bad, I still haven't read the first books of any of these! I suck I know! Great picks though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can hardly wait for Insurgent either. It was my pick for this weeks WOW.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...