Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #23

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Crewel
by Gennifer Albin
Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux Books for Young Readers


Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.

Quicksilver
by R.J. Anderson
Expected publication: 2013 by Orchard Books



Once I was a girl who was special.
Now I am extraordinary.
And they will never stop hunting me.

The compelling follow-up to the bestselling ULTRAVIOLET, this thriller will take your breath away...








 If you haven't heard of Ultraviolet read Era's review here

Renegade
by J. A. Souders
Expected publication: November 13th 2012 by Tor Teen

Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.

But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. Her memories have been altered. Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.

Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery


WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
LEAVE US A LINK SO WE COULD CHECK IT OUT!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO ENTER
Pretty Crooked Book Blast! Win $50 Amazon GC
Enter here

Flash Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway

14 comments:

  1. Crewel sounds really good!

    Nice book choices!

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing picks. Also loving the covers for all of these, as well. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great picks! Crewel sounds really interesting :) Added all to my TBR list.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such fantastic picks! I remembering reviewing an ARC of Ultraviolet and it's twists completely took me by surprise! I think that twist might be a little hard to follow up, but I'm interested to see what's next :)

    Awesome picks!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such awesome pick and I love their covers! Crewel looks like a rainbow through-up on it - but in a good way! xD

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crewel is HIGH on my anticipated reads list! The other two look pretty amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard about Quick Silver before! sounds amazing!!! Thnx so much for sharing my dear! ^_____^ muah! great pick! Renegade and Crewel are like OMG!! cant wait for them ^.^

    Have a lovely day my dear!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crewel sounds awesome!!! And I love the cover! Here's my WoW: http://owl-read-it.blogspot.ca/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only heard of Crewel and it's totally in my TBR!

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great WOW this week. I totally want to read Quick Silver.

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost pre-ordered Crewel and Renegade last week! Great picks!

    Here's my WoW
    Doodle @ Doodle's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crewel is in my TBR list already, such a beautiful cover! Renegade looks great as well.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really psyched for Crewel and Renegade! They both just look so awesome.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been dying to read Renegade! I was so disappointed when they didn't have very many at ALA and I missed it. Here's the link to my WOW: https://twitter.com/jennrenaemccoy/status/220553677528768512

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...