Wednesday, May 23, 2012

[Book Spotlight] Wings of Hope by Hillary E. Peak

Book Spotlight
Wings of Hope
by Hillary E. Peak
Published: CreateSpace
Publisher: December 9, 2011
Genre: Literary Fiction


Synopsis
The bond of a father and daughter is special. When Jules father asks her to come be stay with him because he's terminally ill, she goes for the remarkable opportunity to really know her father. She never dreamed he had liberated a concentration camp, dealt cards to Bugsy Siegel or saved the life of a Black Panther. Wings of Hope takes you on a road trip through the memories of a man making peace with his life through his conversations with his daughter. Teaching her that death is sometimes the most heartbreakingly beautiful part of life. Hope is the last gift of a father to his daughter--the power to reach for her dreams.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

One Question Interview

"What do you think the readers would like about Wings of Hope?"

Because all of us deal with loss at some point in our lives, everyone can relate to Wings of Hope. Additionally, almost all of us would like time to say goodbye to our loved ones and have time to ask the questions we have before they are gone, this book is a tribute to those desires in all of us.

Starred Reviews

This novel will connect with anyone who has lost someone they loved and realized later that there were things left unsaid or questions unanswered. Jules has the opportunity that most people don't have, and that is to sit down with a dying relative and spend quality time and to have those conversations that we don't usually get around to having in our day-to-day lives. It was a wonderful novel that I read in on sitting. I could not put it down. If you are an emotional reader, you will want to have a box of tissues handy. But hang in there, because the understanding that Jules acquires is worth the emotion. - TAMMY

This story really resonated with me. I connected with Jules from page one and laughed and cried along with her during the story. I am coming to the age where the roles between parent and child are beginning to reverse. I have already seen a little bit of it with helping my parents with their computers and cell phones, but I know the day is coming when it will be me taking care of them rather than them taking care of me. It is hard for me to imagine my fiercely independent parents as needing to be taken care of, but they are getting older and that day will come sooner than I want. - Mindy

Wings of Hope is beautifully written story that will pull at your heart strings. A terminally ill father writes to his daughter and requests that she come home and stay with him through his final days. The father and daughter go on a journey of self-discovery that binds them together through the power of love, hope, life lessons, dreams followed, choices made, and that even death could be a heartbreakingly beautiful life experience. - Kathleen Higgins-Anderson

About the Author



Who am I?
Author (but government lawyer by day)
I’m a recovering idealist. I became a lawyer to change the world and am still somewhat shocked that didn’t occur. Now, my goal is to retire from practicing law and write novels that people love.
I started with topics I knew–shared experiences of hating my job, searching for something more meaningful and losing a loved one.
I’m moving on to writing legal thrillers. My first one will be out before the end of 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me! Hillary Peak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary, I look forward to reading your legal thrillers. If you write them with the same emotion and energy as you have WINGS OF HOPE (reading it now), you'll be the next Lisa Scottoline.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...