Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #24

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Nerve
by Jeanne Ryan
Expected publication: September 13th 2012 by Dial Books


A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?

Debut author Jeanne Ryan delivers an un-putdownable suspense thriller.

Gravity
by Melissa West
Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Entangled Publishing, LLC



In the future, only one rule will matter: Don’t. Ever. Peek.

Seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander just broke that rule and saw the last person she expected hovering above her bed--arrogant Jackson Locke, the most popular boy in her school. She expects instant execution or some kind of freak alien punishment, but instead, Jackson issues a challenge: help him, or everyone on Earth will die.

Ari knows she should report him, but everything about Jackson makes her question what she’s been taught about his kind. And against her instincts, she’s falling for him. But Ari isn’t just any girl, and Jackson wants more than her attention. She’s a military legacy who’s been trained by her father and exposed to war strategies and societal information no one can know--especially an alien spy, like Jackson. Giving Jackson the information he needs will betray her father and her country, but keeping silent will start a war.

Luminosity
by Stephanie Thomas
Expected publication: November 13th 2012 by Entangled Teen



My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since.

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me.

The enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I'm falling in love with him. He says they're coming. He says they're angry. And I think I've already helped them win.





buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery


WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
LEAVE US A LINK SO WE COULD CHECK IT OUT!

35 comments:

  1. New Follower. Good Choices. All 3 covers are so colorful and bright, love it!

    Here's mine...

    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it simply coincidence or did you decide to have a blue-themed-cover wait this week? Nah, just joking! Hope we'll get to live through and get our hands on these books soon! Your books sounds bubbly and dangerous at the same time ;)

    Am a proud new follower of your blog, thanks for visiting mine! Do drop by @ bookaworld.wordpress.com :)

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not a coincident that the cover is all with bluish hue. It's the theme yes ;)

      Jay
      We Fancy Books

      Delete
  3. Oooo, Gravity sounds awesome and I love the cover! Great picks this week!

    I hope you get them and enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All three sound awesome! Love the covers!

    Thanks for dropping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of these three, I think Gravity looks like the one I'll like best - but all of those book covers and stories sound thrilling and cool. Nice picks!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are on my to-read list as well... love the covers, love the summaries and can't wait to get my hands on them. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want Gravity..and Nerve is piqued my interest!! Thanks for visiting
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these are fantastic picks. My TBR list just got longer lol Thanks for sharing!

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all sound great...I've especially been looking forward to Gravity, but now I have to add Nerve to my TBR.

    Thanks for sharing & stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, exciting looking books! Thanks for sharing...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Nerve sounds incredible! I hadn't heard of it before. I'm also excited for Gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all sound great. I have been looking forward to Gravity, and now will be adding the others to my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All three of these look amazing! I just love the cover for Gravity, it's gorgeous. I can't wait to read all three of these!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nerve sounds interesting, kinda like Hunger Games meets Facebook meets deadly video game. Also heard some great stuff about Gravity and am excited about it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh these all sound awesome! Nerve stands out a lot to me, it just sounds like it'll be a super intense read! Great picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard of Nerve but not the other two. Definitely will be adding the latter to my TBR (nerves on it already). Thanks for stopping by My WoWand sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. EXCELLENT choices! I love how all of the covers are in the same color family!

    Thanks for dropping by, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOOh I like the covers too!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks! I haven't heard of any of these before now, but I'm definitely going to check them out. Love the covers too!! Thanks for sharing them & dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely loving your picks. I have been interested in Luminosity since I did the cover reveal! I can't wait for that one.

    But my favorite of your picks has got to be Nerve. I need that book in my life.

    New follower!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  21. They all look terrific! I'd heard of Gravity before but not the other two - Luminosity sounds like something I'd really enjoy, it's going on my TBR want-list.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have not heard of Nerve and Luminosity but I do have Gravity on my TBR. Dying to read that one. Thanks so much for sharing these :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of these books sound so good!! I hadn't heard of the last one! Added it to my TBR list! :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, those sound like amazing books! I've heard of Gravity, but the other 2 are new! The covers are so pretty, too, and all blueish! Love them! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i so wannt gravity
    hope u get them soon

    http://www.roroisreading.blogspot.com/2012/05/wow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm waiting on Nerve and Gravity. Nerve sounds like Gamer, a live action Sims or something! Awesome! Gravity sounds really interesting. I like books in the future and I'm curious about this don't ever peak thing. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gravity and Nerve look REALLY GOOD!!

    Thanks for stopping by :)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nerve is already on my list. But I hadn't heard of Gravity before, I don't think. So thanks for sharing :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous covers. <3 awesome picks :D I cannot wait for Gravity. <3 :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great choices! I'm looking forward to Gravity as well. It sounds interesting, though the cover itself is not exactly my cup of tea.
    And Luminosity sounds AWESOME. Thank you for putting it on my radar!

    ~~Beatriz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome picks from everyone! I especially agree with Gravity, though! That book is one that I have been admiring for a couple months. I mean, how can you resist a gorgeous cover like that! Thanks for sharing your picks this week!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my gosh. Luminosity sounds INCREDIBLE! Added to my tbr list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't wait for Gravity as well! Nerve looks interesting and I've added it to my Goodreads list. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...