Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #25

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

I have three beauties for your this week and I cannot explain how I'm totally eager to read these books. First up is Cold Fury, the synopsis says it all. I love action packed novels and I think this one is totally jammed with it! This book doesn't come out till last week of July make sure to check it out! Next up is The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life, I think this one is really good alliance, scavenger hunt? One week before graduation? Sounds FUN to me! This comes July 5th and is just around the corner so you don't have to wait any longer! Make sure to check this one out. Last book for this week is Monstrous Beauty, I rarely read mermaid books and I think I cannot let this one pass. Looking forward on reading this one when it comes out. This one doesn't come out till September so lets wait together XD

Cold Fury
by T.M Goeglein
Expected publication: July 24th 2012 by Putnam Juvenile


Jason Bourne meets The Sopranos in this breathtaking adventure

Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.

Action packed, with fresh, cinematic writing, Cold Fury is a riveting and imaginative adventure readers will devour.

The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life
by Tara Altebrando
Expected publication: July 5th 2012 by Dutton Juvenile



An all-day scavenger hunt in the name of eternal small-town glory

With only a week until graduation, there's one last thing Mary and her friends must do together: participate in the Oyster Point High Official Unofficial Senior Week Scavenger Hunt. And Mary is determined to win.

Mary lost her spot at Georgetown to self-professed "it" bully Jake Barbone, and she's not about to lose again. But everyone is racing for the finish line with complicated motives, and the team's all-night adventure becomes all-night drama as shifting alliances, flared tempers, and crushing crushes take over. As the items and points pile up, Mary and her team must reinvent their strategy--and themselves--in order to win.

Monstrous Beauty
by Elizabeth Fama
Expected publication: September 4th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)



Fierce, seductive mermaid Syrenka falls in love with Ezra, a young naturalist. When she abandons her life underwater for a chance at happiness on land, she is unaware that this decision comes with horrific and deadly consequences. Almost one hundred forty years later, seventeen-year-old Hester meets a mysterious stranger named Ezra and feels overwhelmingly, inexplicably drawn to him. For generations, love has resulted in death for the women in her family. Is it an undiagnosed genetic defect . . . or a curse?

With Ezra’s help, Hester investigates her family’s strange, sad history. The answers she seeks are waiting in the graveyard, the crypt, and at the bottom of the ocean—but powerful forces will do anything to keep her from uncovering her connection to Syrenka and to the tragedy of so long ago
.





buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery


WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
LEAVE US A LINK SO WE COULD CHECK IT OUT!

40 comments:

  1. Those all sound fantastic, especially The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life. Will be checking them out on release.
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Laura ;) you should definitely check it out! sounds really good right?

      Delete
  2. What a great list of books. I think I would like Monstrous Beauty the best.
    Great WOW.

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-9/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that... a sword in the hands of the cover model for Cold Fury? :D This looks really good!

    Michelle's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's a luggage XD at first glance you'll think of it a sword too! You've been fooled :P

      Thanks for dropping by Michelle~

      Delete
    2. Oh yea! *smacks head* Obviously someone here is still sleeping... (me) *smacks head again* But then, it'll be real cool if it's a sword. <3

      Delete
    3. haha it looks like it :P I know right? I totally agree if it's a sword... very kick-ass ;)

      Delete
  4. These all look amazing! I'm actually very excited to read Monstrous Beauty. I'm loving all of the mermaid offerings as of late. :)

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of Monstrous Beauty don't you?

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW and sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover for MONSTROUS BEAUTY, and the title for THE BEST NIGHT OF YOUR (PATHETIC) LIFE captures me.

    My WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life is very amusing XD definitely grabbing a copy when it comes out!

      Delete
  7. Well all 3 of those sound amazing :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog (:

    - New follower!

    See my Waiting on Wednesday Here
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had my eye on the best night book, the other I haven't heard of, thanks for sharing. Really great picks. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get my hands on Cold Fury! It sounds SO good! Here's our Waiting on Wednesday this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These do look interesting...especially The Best Night of Your Pathetic Life.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cold Fury has my attention and is new to me, thanks for sharing and stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by~ Cold Fury seems like a kick ass novel ;) Thanks for dropping by~

      Delete
  12. Tara Altebrandos new book! It sounds awesome! And Cold Fury sounds good too!

    My WoW is at Novels, News & Notes (my PNW blog) http://novelsnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-coming-to-you-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Montsrous Beauty for review, but have not seen the others until now. Thanks for the introductions. Great picks. My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeek I'm so jealous!!! I really want to read that book <3 I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Reading!

      Delete
    2. Wow! I didn't realize they'd changed the cover of Monstrous Beauty. It's so much nicer than the one they used to have up! I have a copy of it from Netgalley, definitely looking forward to it! :)

      Delete
    3. I put my comment in the wrong place. :/ Haha.

      Delete
  14. The story of Cold Fury sounds good and I like the cover.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome- this looks like an exciting spy book! I love spies!!! thanks for sharing!!
    my WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2-bea-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOoh those look awesome!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cold Fury sounds intense... Definitely looking forward to read it. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm pretty interested in the first book but all three sound great. I really want to see what happens in Cold Fury and I like the mystery in Monstrous Beauty.

    My WOW: http://thestorybehindthebookcover.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday4.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cold Fury and Monstrous Beauty both look awesome.

    Here is my Wow

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cold Fury sounds really great. I can't wait to read it. :D

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Kari Po-Ku Reads

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cold Fury! Yes! Absolutely yes! I'm waiting on this one too.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post.

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks! I have Monstrous Beauty from Netgalley and I'm so excited! I'm also waiting on the Best Night. I love books that take place during one crazy night! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have not heard of Monstrous Beauty before, but wow! Added to my tbr pile! Sounds incredibly awesome. And my love for the Bourne series has me needing Cold Fury!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG all these look amazing and the covers are simply marvelous...just added them to my tbr pile.

    thanks for stopping by my WoW post here

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm looking forward to the second one as well!! I love scavenger hunts so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy that one. :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait for Monstrous Beauty as well! I never heard of The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life, but the witty title makes me want to laugh.

    Amazing picks! Thanks for sharing, if not I would have never chance upon these great reads :)

    I'm a new follower of your blog, will be staying tuned! Would love to see you at my blog again too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooo these looks so awesome!! Cold fury especially intrigues me!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!

    And I'm a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have to say that Cold Fury sounds really really good! I'll have to check that one out when it is released. Great picks! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh, I am so happy they changed the cover of Monstrous Beauty... I plan to read that one soon. Also, something about the synopsis and the cover of Cold Fury makes that book look very compelling to read... Thanks for sharing these and for stopping by Making the Grade! Now to add Cold Fury to my TBR list....

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, Cold Fury is quite a mix.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...