Thursday, June 28, 2012

[Review] Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay

Romeo Redeemed
by Stacey Jay
Series: Juliet Immortal #2
Expected Publication: October 9, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Reader
Genre: Young Adult
Source: NetGalley

Synopsis:
All will be revealed for fans who have breathlessly awaited the sizzling sequel to Juliet Immortal. This time Romeo takes center stage and gets one chance, and one chance only, to redeem himself.

Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.

Review

The cover is most definitely gorgeous. Not that it’s that important. There are books that have beautiful covers and yet you can’t even get past through half of the book. But come on, this cover is striking and let’s give credit when credit is due.

I have always liked Stacey Jay’s writing. I don’t exactly know what’s in it but it helps with my speed in reading.

So here's some thoughts after reading Romeo Redeemed.
  • Romeo aka Dylan’s naked dance while singing a West Side Story song is sexy. Oh my gosh and I thought swooning is only for giggly little girls.
  • This book is making me remember why girls are all crazy for Romeo. His charm is downright working on me. I’ve fallen in love again! This man knows exactly how to romance a girl. His wit in romance would be like virtuoso in piano.
  • Let me get this straight, I don’t get the whole Ambassador/Mercenaries thing anymore. I’m not really sure who’s good and bad. Both have equally been considered as bad.
  • Ariel’s crazy. She is so easy to manipulate, not that it’s any of her fault. She lets these manipulations to get to her. And it’s pathetic.
But even so, I enjoyed this book. I gave it five stars because I believe that other book readers would take pleasure in this book too.

Ratings
I got this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review it has no way affected my review of the book.

Check out My Review of Juliet Immortal
Check out what Geianne has to say about Julie Immortal

About the Author



Stacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with three pen names, two small children, and a passion for playing pretend for a living. She’s been a full time mom-writer since 2005 and can't think of anything she'd rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor (for real) and yoga instructor.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you really liked Romeo Redeemed! I thought Juliet Immortal's ending was really weird and slightly awkward, but hopefully this one will have a better ending if I get the chance to read it! :)

    Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to start this series for such a long time! I love that it's a twist on the classic love story, and it will be cool to see how the same characters are so different.

    Great review:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read the first book. The series sounds so good. Can't wait to pick it up :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't overly impressed with Juliet Immortal, but I am still interested in seeing what happened to Romeo after that ending! It's disappointing to hear that the Mercenaries/Ambassador thing doesn't get any clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read the first book. It seems really interesting and I'm curious. :D

    Thanks for this review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. still have not read book1
    but will soon
    tnx 4the review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh crap, this sounds so totally awesome and I cant believe I havent read Juliet Immortal yet T___T... did you say Dylan dancing naked? Hell!! I need to catch up with these books asap!! aaaaaaaaah!!

    excellent review my dear! I really like the form you wrote it :) totally original! <3

    muah!!
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it available in the Philippines already? I wanna get my hands on that book already :((((

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...