Sunday, July 29, 2012

[Review] Entangled by Cat Clarke

Entangled
by Cat Clarke
Published: January 6th 2011
Publisher: Quercus Publishing Plc
Source: Bought
Format: Kindle
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy/Mystery

Synopsis:

What does he want from me?
How could I have let this happen?
Am I going to die?

17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with table, pens and paper—and no clue how she got there.

As Grace pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she’s tried to forget. There’s falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there’s something missing. As hard as she’s trying to remember, is there something she just can’t see?

Then, in a story full of dangerous revelations, Grace must face the most important question of all: why is she here?
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Review

Mind-boggling. Depressing. This is the kind of book where happiness don't exist. The lead drowned me with her depression and agony. It started with this girl trying to do something major with her life. But you get so intrigued you don't want to stop reading even though it sort of consumes you. 

Grace loves green. I love green too, it's my favorite color. This made me conclude that this girl is very bold, stubborn but brave and she's, well... depressed. She was in denial, her decisions were clouded by angst and by her wanting instant happiness. People may see her as carefree, smart, confined. True. But reading between lines, she was a complete mess! She just wanted to believe what's on the surface, eluded the reality. She may be a good person to others but not to herself, she is incalculable! Self-inflicted pain? Unbearable!

I took the setting literally but at the back of my mind, I thought that maybe it wasn't really happening, that there's some sort of magic or science behind it. Or probably she was in Purgatory, you know, a place where you repent your sins? Lol It wasn't confusing but I was clueless! Or maybe she was confined in a psyche ward because, believe it or not, she did good reflecting about things. Damn, it was like a guessing game!

'Remember, remember, the fifth of November.' What's the answer?

The papers. The pens. Ethan.

Then the truth came out... She was freed… Or should I say, she freed herself from herself? Go figure, read the book.

Ratings

Book Trailer


About the Author



Cat was born in Zambia and brought up in Edinburgh and Yorkshire, which has given her an accent that tends to confuse people.

Cat has written non-fiction books about exciting things like cowboys, sharks and pirates, and now writes YA novels. She lives in Edinburgh with a couple of cats, Jem and Scout, who spend their days plotting to spit up furballs at the most inconvenient times. She likes cheese A LOT, especially baked camembert.
Connect with Cat on her: Website | Blog | FacebookTwitter | Goodreads


MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
ENTANGLED AND CAT'S NEWEST NOVEL TORN
AVAILABLE ON PAPERBACK AND KINDLE



11 comments:

  1. Liked the trailer and the book sound really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read this already? tell me what you think of it. :)

      Delete
  2. That was a really cool trailer! And the cover is pretty:)
    Great review!
    Sounds like it was a good book

    Happy Reading

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book,crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, a depressing lead character sounds like a book I may need to avoid. I have issues when I can't at least somewhat like the MC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this...I never really thought about there not being happiness in this. And that trailer's interesting. Not seen it before.Thanks for the different perspective on Entangled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really pretty cover and an interesting trailer.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book, was one of my favourites from last year but if you haven't checked out Torn I would recommend that because it's even better and not as depressing, but still a little...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's the author of Torn? I'll check it out. Thanks for recommending!

      Delete
    2. Torn is by the same author :)

      ~Jay

      Delete
  7. Thanks for reminding me why I wanted to read this. Need to dig it out.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...