Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #28

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

It's Wednesday again and yet here's another edition of Waiting on Wednesday! My first pick for today is Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie. I recently heard about this book from a friend saying it's very poignant and after reading the synopsis added that it's a male point-of-view this is definitely a book for me! This one comes out September 11th so make sure to check it out! My next book is Soul Screamers Volume Two by Rachel Vincent on which I dedicate it to TEAM TOD which is currently on the YA Crush Tourney. I've read the prequel My Soul To Lose and the first book My Soul To Take and it's a WIN, I definitely suggest you to read the series. And while your on it you should VOTE FOR TOD! He's up against Magnus of The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices Series. He needs your vote badly so if you're reading this head over at YA Sisterhood and vote for him! Last book for today is Ten by Gretchen McNeil this one sounds really creepy, I have not read her previous book Possessed but I'm hearing nothing but creeptastic reviews about it. I rarely get scared while reading a book, lets see how this one goes! This one comes out September 18th, make sure to check it out! I hope you like my lovely picks for today~ Happy Reading everyone :D


Personal Effects
by E. M. Kokie
Expected publication: September 11th 2012 by Candlewick Press



After his older brother dies in Iraq, Matt makes a discovery that rocks his beliefs about strength, bravery, and honor in this page-turning debut.

Ever since his brother, T.J., was killed in Iraq, Matt feels like he’s been sleepwalking through life — failing classes, getting into fights, and avoiding his dad’s lectures about following in his brother’s footsteps. T.J.’s gone, but Matt can’t shake the feeling that if only he could get his hands on his brother’s stuff from Iraq, he’d be able to make sense of his death. But as Matt searches for answers about T.J.’s death, he faces a shocking revelation about T.J.’s life that suggests he may not have known T.J. as well as he thought. What he learns challenges him to stand up to his father, honor his brother’s memory, and take charge of his own life. With compassion, humor, and a compelling narrative voice, E. M. Kokie explores grief, social mores, and self-discovery in a provocative first novel.

Souls Screamers
Volume Two
by Rachel Vincent
Expected publication: November 13th 2012 by Harlequin Teen




Souls Screamers Volume Two includes:
My Soul to Keep
Reaper
My Soul to Steal








Ten
by Gretchen McNeil
Expected publication: September 18th 2012 by Balzer + Bray



And their doom comes swiftly.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off the from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?
PRE-ORDER THEM NOW!



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
LEAVE US A LINK SO WE COULD CHECK IT OUT!

52 comments:

  1. OH I am currently reading my way through the Soul Screamers series right now! It is just fabulous! I may have to invest in these pretty volumes onces they are all out =] Great picks!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks this week, I have just read the first book in The Soul Screamer series & really enjoyed it.

    Thank you for stopping by my WoW :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I love the Soul Screamers series, I just got Before I Wake. I'm also looking forward to Ten, sounds like a great mystery.

    Liza’s WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Picks! I still have to tackle the Soul Screamers series, I read the first and love it but just never found my way to reading the rest!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!
    New Follower here, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks - Ten looks especially promising!
    New follower here.
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick you have there. I definitely love the second volume of Soul Screamers but I also liked what I read about the other two books. They are not exactly my favorite genre but Ten definitely sounds interesting and I might give it a try when it comes out.
    Thanks for visiting my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personal Effects is awesome! I'm still thinking about it. Great picks, Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All books are really great picks. I haven't heard of the first one but I'm interested now. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Guys,

    Totally waiting for Ten. Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is awesome. We are putting you guys on our fave blog list.

    -Book Whales Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I'm Team Tod in this Tourney as well! *high five* And I'm super excited about Souls Screamers Volume Two (I love the covers for these volumes) and Ten as well! I have to check out Personal Effects though, I haven't heard about it before. Great choices!;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooohhhh... Personal Effecrs sounds REALLY intiguing. Awesome picks! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited to read Ten. It sounds really creepy and I've heard some good things about it. :)

    Thanks for dropping by!:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these books sound really interesting..I will have to check them out :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice picks! That first one sounds like it could hit home for many readers, sadly enough. The second, though I haven't read her work before, I've always heard this series is a "scream". ^_^ ...and TEN, well that's been on my radar for a bit now. Looks very interesting....
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to get a copy of Ten, sounds like a really good read. Personal Effects I will have to stay away from because I will cry like a baby!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been wanting to read Ten for a while looks creepy, scary, and awesome! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  17. I own the first Soul Screamers volume #1 and still haven't read it, yet, but I hard great things about it so I really need to get on with reading it soon! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for visiting my blog, new follower here. I've never even heard of it, but I've got to read Ten :O It sounds amazing.

    Don't be a stranger,
    Holly @ In-Interest

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great selections! I haven't heard of the first one. I'll have to check that one out. I think that the Soul Screamers collections are such a great way to get into the series. I look forward to picking up volume two, also, considering I haven't gotten far into the series yet. And TEN. Oh yes, TEN... Awesome... I cannot wait to read that one.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Personal Effects sounds absolutely amazing! I'm definitely adding that one to my tbr pile! I've been meaning to read the Soul Screamers series for ages, yet I haven't gotten round to it...I should probably change that soon! And I'm really looking forward to Ten too!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by our WoW Jay.
    I am really liking the sound of Personnel Effects. Haven't heard about this book but will definitely be adding it to my TBR.

    P.S - I think this may be my first time stopping by your blog and I'm glad to see that you're all Filipino. Talk Supe is also run by two Filipina's and we're always happy to meet fellow Pinoy bloggers. Mabuhay!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks. Ten sounds amazing. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2434

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all great picks! I'm most excited about TEN. That books sounds full of awesome! I've already read every book in the Soul Screamers series, but I still really want that second omnibus...if only for the cover. I love all the covers for that series and am glad they haven't decided to change those like so many others. :)

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. All three are just great. Love the soul screamers volume two cover very inviting. thanks for sharing all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i am super excited for ten also!! i love a good creepy, spooky read. great picks :)

    our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been looking forward to Ten too! Great picks.

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't wait for Ten, I really want to read a scary book. I also haven't read her first novel, but I've heard great things about it.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good picks! Ten looks good- and scary!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are some amazing picks!
    I'm gonna have to Personnel Effects on my reading list!
    And I really need to pick up the Soul Screamer books!

    Great Picks!

    Magen Corrie
    ~My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  30. Soul Screamers Vol. 2 was my pick this week too!! :-) I also think Ten sounds really good. I think I tried to get a copy of it at BEA but didn't.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great picks! I love the Soul Screamers series and everything Rachel writes. She's one of my favorite authors. I've got "Ten" pre-ordered :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great picks! I love the Soul Screamers series! Ten sounds insanely creepy... it would probably make a good movie!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for including TEN in your Wow picks. And in such fantastic company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great picks! I really need to read The Soul Screamers series. I have heard great things about it. Also I can't wait to read Ten!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice! I do like the covers for the Soul Screamers Ominbuses but I already have all the books and most of the novellas on my kindle or computer version of kindle.

    Hope you enjoy all your reads once you get them! Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are all good picks. I've heard good things about Soul Screamers

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ten sounds creepily fantastic! I haven't started the Soul Screamers series yet, but I keep seeing it everywhere!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice picks! I love the Soul Screamers series. I'm also really looking forward to Ten. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I had the pleasure to read and review Possessed by Gretchen McNeil and I can honestly say that I loved it! Here's the link if you're interested: http://genessisliahut.blogspot.com/2011/08/possess-by-gretchen-mcneil.html

    Great Picks, btw! I'll add them to by TBR pile. :)
    And here's my WoW:
    http://genessisliahut.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great pick.
    I can't wait for Ten

    ReplyDelete
  41. These books do sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  42. I want to read all three of your amazing picks! But especially Ten! I loved Gretchen's Possess, so I'm super excited for that one.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great picks! I've heard about Ten but I'm a little worried it might be too scary for me!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)
    The first and last aren' t my type of material but they are both interesting. Ten reminds me of "I still know what you did last summer" though. But there may be more to it than what I think. Soul Screamers is on my reading list too. Can't wait to read that series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh my gosh. Personal Effects looks amazing. I'm definitely adding it to my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. OoOo these all sound FABULOUS! Great picks!! *New Follower*

    Happy Reading :)

    ~ Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind ~

    ReplyDelete
  47. great pics, guess i'll have to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  48. GREAT picks!! i LOVE the sound of the 1st one and will def have to read it. Also i have heard of 'TEN' for a while now and i cannot wait to read it!!!
    thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the cover of the second soul screamer collection books. I think this one works a lot better than the first one! I always get upset and mad when I read books where the dead person they loved isn't the person who they thought they were, so I'll probably read it and love/hate it :P

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm looking forward to TEN as well - it looks delightfully creepy, and I love the simplicity of the cover! Great pick :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm really looking forward to reading Ten. I've heard that it's really good! Great choices for Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  52. TEN!!! Yes, yes, yes! I'm so freaking excited for this one. I've already heard awesome things. It's very rare that a good horror story comes in YA book form.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...