Friday, August 17, 2012

#OBSummer Author's Top Ten with Tonya Cannariato


Top 10 – Favorite Series


I'm such an avid reader I can't actually limit myself to just 10 favorite books. These are the series that I keep rereading and that have had a profound impact not only on my personal growth and development, but also how and what I write about.

1. Anne McCaffrey's Dragon Riders of Pern trilogy
2. Anne McCaffrey's Harper Hall of Pern trilogy
3. Anne McCaffrey's Tower and Hive series
4. Madeleine L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time series
5. Katherine Kurtz' Adept series
6. Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide series
7. Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series
8. Patricia Briggs' Alpha and Omega series
9. Mercedes Lackey's Elemental Masters series
10. Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series

They're all, obviously, variations of the fantasy genre, some low and some high, but I think the reason they're so impactful is that they all have a strongly aspirational element: What piece of the world allows the characters to have and find hope? I find my writing reflecting on that theme in subtle ways: I like to ask the question “what if?” and discover how my characters push toward “this is better”--even if the story endings themselves are a little more ambiguous for the reader.
 
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
DUST TO BLOOD
AVAILABLE ON KINDLE AND PAPERBACK


Genre - Paranormal 
Rating - PG13

More details about the book
Connect with Tonya Cannariato on Facebook & Twitter

Giveaway
Grand Prize - Winner wins Kindle Fire and all books
Consolation Prizes - 25 x winners choice of 3 ebooks
Kindle Fire Giveaway is sponsored by 
ALL participating authors in the Orangeberry Summer Splash event.
Check out these awesome peeps HERE

a Rafflecopter giveaway

0 fancy comment:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...