Thursday, August 2, 2012

#OBSummer Guest Post - Best & Worst Memories plus Kindle Fire G!veaway


What are your best and worst memories from adolescence?
by Bob Mitchley

I’ll start with the worst memories first. I was born an only son to a lowly one armed share cropper, way back in December 1955. I like to say almost 1956. One year removed makes me feel younger… But wait, I forgot this is not fiction! Seriously, I was born in Santa Anna California, where my dad was stationed as a Marine Sargent. One August night while he was working… my mom died in her sleep. I was 18 months old . So I have no memories of her-at all. A few months later my dad remarried and we moved back to central Pa. where I still live. I guess he wanted a new start in life; so he put me up for adoption when I was three…

Thank heavens for my mom’s parents, Grammy and pappy, they took me in and loved me as their own. I knew nothing about love, only backhands to the head from my dad. Grammy often said, that when she tried to hug me I would flinch, to guard myself from being hit, I remember now what love is, I miss them both. Pappy died a few years later, I never got to say good bye to him either.


MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
INTERVIEW WITH A PRANKSTER
AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK


Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre - Thriller (PG13)
More details about the book

Connect with Bob Mitchley on Twitter

Giveaway
Grand Prize - Winner wins Kindle Fire and all books
Consolation Prizes - 25 x winners choice of 3 ebooks
Kindle Fire Giveaway is sponsored by 
ALL participating authors in the Orangeberry Summer Splash event.
Check out these awesome peeps HERE

a Rafflecopter giveaway

0 fancy comment:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...