Thursday, August 30, 2012

#OBSummer Guest Post by Gean Penny


Writing to me is...

Whether I am writing a part in a novel that includes a similar event from my life or past, or whether I am writing about places I have or have not visited, it is a part of living my life. Places I have been are preserved through writing, and those I want to visit are researched and dreamt about. If I could not express myself through writing, I do not know what I would be doing. I cannot imagine ever doing anything else. Writing is also my job. Teaching writing is different from actually writing, but it still involves writing. I would not have an income without writing. Would I be poverty-stricken as in my youth, or homeless like so many today? Perhaps, I would.

Writing is a way for me to preserve and share the places and feelings I have, the memories I have, with a world of people who may want, or need, to read about them. I have always been somewhat introverted, and with writing, I can express myself to others. I consider myself successful at writing when the thoughts and emotions I convey have the same affect on the reader that they had on me while I wrote. Writing is my main form of communication. Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Texting, they all involve writing. I would lose contact with many of my family, friends, and acquaintances without writing.

Writing is also a way for me to remember those of my family who have passed away. In The Lonely Chair The Story, every name is one from my family who has left this world. The picture of the mother inspired from memories of my sister. Butchy was an uncle's nickname, James my grandfather. Writing is a catalyst for change, growth and healing in my life. During every major event of my life, writing comforted me, and those around me, through poetry and prose.

Sometimes I think about no longer having my right mind, or not having the use of my hands or eyes, and the first thing I think is how would I write? I do not think about how it would affect my life otherwise; I think about how it would affect my ability to write. How would I get the ideas in my brain out for others to read? I can only hope that if I ever do lose my mental faculties, I get lost there with my characters, some of them, anyway, and continue to live the lives that I imagine, the lives I write.

Writing is my life. I hope I never have to live without it.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
THE LONELY CHAIR
AVAILABLE IN KINDLE AND PAPERBACK


Buy Now @ Amazon Kindle
Genre - Picture Book
Rating - G 
More details about the book

Connect with Gean Penny on Facebook

Giveaway
Grand Prize - Winner wins Kindle Fire and all books
Consolation Prizes - 25 x winners choice of 3 ebooks
Kindle Fire Giveaway is sponsored by 
ALL participating authors in the Orangeberry Summer Splash event.
Check out these awesome peeps HERE

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to guest post on your blog, yesterday! It's been a amazing tour! Have a great holiday weekend!

    Gean
    http://pgshriver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...