Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#OBSummer Guest Post - Writing to me is


Writing to me is...
by J.R. Tomlin

Writing to me is …Part of who I am.

I was writing by the time I was in the second grade. One of my memories of that year is winning a little poetry contest. I loved writing poetry and wrote it until I was in college.

One of the real disappointments of my life was when I realized that I am a terrible poet. What a crushing blow to the ego. But that poem I wrote in second grade was kind of cute, so I suppose it wasn’t all a loss and I read a lot of poetry which influenced my prose writing. I hope it influenced it for the better.

Oddly enough, I didn’t go from writing poetry to writing fiction. Instead for many years, I wrote and published non-fiction. I worked for several organizations as a writer and spent several years working as a journalist. But there was never a time when writing wasn’t a major part of my life.

But there is another part of who I am that connects with writing. I’m a story teller. There are characters who seem to get into my imagination and want me to make up stories about them. For years, I made up the stories for myself and for family. I didn’t usually write them down. I suppose, because writing is so much a part of who I am, I always knew that I would.

It wasn't until about ten years ago that I started writing down all those stories that were in my head.

So writing to me is…

A way of communicating.

A way of expressing myself.

But mainly a way of getting the characters in my head to stop tromping noisily about.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
TALON OF THE UNNAMED GODDESS
AVAILABLE IN KINDLE AND PAPERBACK


Buy Now @ Amazon Kindle
Genre - Fantasy
Rating - PG

More details about the book
Connect with CR Daems & JR Tomlin on Twitter

Giveaway
Grand Prize - Winner wins Kindle Fire and all books
Consolation Prizes - 25 x winners choice of 3 ebooks
Kindle Fire Giveaway is sponsored by 
ALL participating authors in the Orangeberry Summer Splash event.
Check out these awesome peeps HERE

a Rafflecopter giveaway

0 fancy comment:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...