This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Me @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms.
July 24 - Intro Post for the Read-A-Long - Linky for Participation!
July 31 - Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter - +Pushing the Limits Giveaway here at Dazzling Reads! =D
Aug 7th - The Page Turners Pages 85 - 162 - ends with a Noah Chapter
Aug 14th - Candace Book Blog Pages 163 - 239 - ends with a Noah Chapter
Aug 21th - Dazzling Reads Pages 240 - 316 - ends with a Echo chapter
Aug 28th - The Book Swarm Pages 317 - 392
And now onto the Questions for the first week:
1. In the beginning of this section, Noah decides to ignore Echo because he's angry and hurt. What did you think of this? Have you ever experienced a friendship that went awry and they started ignoring you?
I feel for both characters, but I think Noah did was he has to do. His main goal is to build his family back… to normal but I think the whole scenario of ignoring Echo was a bit overboard thinking that they need each other literally!
I think I’m the type of person who does it every time. I fall out in everything may be it friendship or something more. I just have this sense of self-preservation. I loathe the trait but it just how it goes.
2. Noah has a bit of a false reputation. Everyone thinks he's a big druggie and a guy that just randomly hooks up with girls. While some of it is true to a certain extent, we see it's not really him. Have you ever had a false reputation where people draw their own conclusions? Do you think Noah should do something to make people not think that about him?
I don’t think Noah should do anything about what people think about him. I like how Noah doesn’t really care about his false reputation. He’s just plain him and the fact that he doesn’t care makes him better than those judgmental people. If he knows he’s not doing anything to hurt anybody I don’t think there’s a reason to change it. I feel for Noah but more of those people who don’t really care but gossip about other people’s lives. I think everybody has gone through false reputation at least once, me included. But bottom line is I don’t really care.
3. Ashley finds out she's having a boy and informs Echo she will have a brother 'again'. Echo took this very personally and was extremely upset. Do you think Echo overreacted? Do you think Ashley meant that the new brother would replace her brother?
I think Echo is trying to keep away from Ashley out of her life the moment she entered it. She has the reason to do it but then I feel for Ashley’s situation. I believe that she deserve some love. Being in a situation similar to Echo, I do have some angst against my step mom but I always try to think that if my dad is happy so am I. I don’t think Ashley meant to replace anything but her mother. I think Echo overreacted, absolutely.
4. Echo doesn't remember what happened with her mother and for this reason she has trouble seeing her the way everyone else does. She can't seem to not miss her and still wants to talk to her. Do you think she should pursue finding her mom? Do you think it will help her or do you think she would be in danger?
Finding her mother only means one thing for Echo, it is to know the truth. It seems cliché to say this but “The truth shall set you free”. I so I think that Echo should pursue finding her mom to know the answer; to know what really happened that night. Despite the danger that her dad has been telling her about her mom I don’t think it will be a problem. I thoughtfully think that it will help her and find what she’s really looking for.
5. Noah doesn't trust the people who have his brothers because of his own past situations. He decides to seek out a lawyer himself and try to get custody. Do you think this is his best move? Do you think there are some other options he should consider?
Noah acts base on his instinct and he believes that the best way to get his brothers is through custody arraignment. He’s also blindsided by the fact that he’s not the one taking care of his brothers. I think it’s the best move for people who don’t really know what else to do. There are other ways but he wants it the hard way.
6. Echo finds out that Noah and his parents built houses for Habitat for Humanity. Have you ever volunteered for something like that? What is a cause that you feel strongly about?
I’ve never done anything like it before. I think it would be a nice thing to do. It’s always nice to do something for a cause. I always wanted to do a Reading Awareness Week or something. I think my country needs it and I’d support the cause all the way.
HOPE YOU HAD FUN READING MY ANSWERS!
PUSHING THE LIMITS IS OUT NOW!
GET YOURSELF A COPY AND JOIN THE READ-A-LONG :)