This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Me @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms.
July 24 - Intro Post for the Read-A-Long - Linky for Participation!
July 31 - Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter - +Pushing the Limits Giveaway here at Dazzling Reads! =D
Aug 7th - The Page Turners Pages 85 - 162 - ends with a Noah Chapter
Aug 14th - Candace Book Blog Pages 163 - 239 - ends with a Noah Chapter
Aug 21th - Dazzling Reads Pages 240 - 316 - ends with a Echo chapter
Aug 28th - The Book Swarm Pages 317 - 392
And now onto the Questions for the first week:
1. At a certain moment, Echo tells Noah that she feels safe with him. Echo thinks that because of this comforting feeling, she may be able to finally have a full night of peaceful sleep. Why do you think it is important for Echo to feel Safe? And why no one else but Noah has been able to provide this to Echo?
Echo from the start doesn’t remember anything. She has been constantly trying to know the truth and with nothing but a feeble moment he has on that night I think she needs comfort, in which she can’t find in her family. With the nightmares she’s having I think she just want to feel safe with Noah. I think it’s safe to say that by now both Noah and Echo have a connection and that connection built a safe haven for Echo.
2. 2. Beth, Noah's friend, also have a very complex life situation. Plus she also do drugs. However, what grabs my attention is her mean behavior towards Echo. Why do you think Beth hate/dislikes Echo so much?
I think Beth is insecure of Echo, but who wouldn’t be? I think she’s having one of those moments when she feels that Noah is concentrating more on Echo instead of her, the best friend. It seems typical that a best friend gets all jealous just because she feels that she’s being disregarded.
3. At some point, we finally get to know how Noah's parents died at the fire and how it started. Unfortunately, this is something that has happened before. What tips to avoid a fire (especially when there are kids at home) do you know about? List a few! Recommendations to avoid tragedies are very valuable. :)
1. Keep a Fire Extinguisher at home! (It may be expensive but it’s worth it)
2. Prevention is better than cure! (Always check flammable objects out of reach by children)
3. Regular Maintenance. (Always have a regular maintenance for gas and other appliances)
4. Think before you act! (Make sure you know what you’re doing)
4. Echo finally discovers more about what really happened to her the day she got her scars at her mother's place. Unfortunately, this also involved Echo's father and Ashley. What do you think about them and to what point do you think it makes them responsible to what happened to Echo?
Knowing the truth about what happened that night seems like a punch in the face. I believe that Echo’s father and Ashley is fully accountable of what happened that night. I don’t want to blame them for what happened but they know that Echo’s mother is unstable, they should’ve guess what things could happen.
5. On p.303 (from arc) Echo said to Noah: "I love you...[y]ou love your brothers more. I'm okay with that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about you. You were right the other day. I do want to be part of a family. But I'd never forgive myself if I was the reason you didn't get yours... I love you enough to never make you choose." What do you think of Echo's decision to break up with Noah? What does it mean to you?
Echo’s decision is unselfish and that is what love is. They wanted different things from the start but when reality bites them and found each other it’s seems fitting that they Echo made the decision. If they ever be together it’s because they can say to themselves that they love each other; truly.
HOPE YOU HAD FUN READING MY ANSWERS!
PUSHING THE LIMITS IS OUT NOW!
GET YOURSELF A COPY AND JOIN THE READ-A-LONG :)