Friday, August 17, 2012

[Review] Blood of Anteros by Georgia Cates + G!veaway


Blood of Anteros
by Georgia Cates
Series: The Vampire Agápe #1
Published: September 21st 2011
Publisher: Self Published
Source: Author
Format: PDF
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Synopsis:
Cruel circumstances turned Curry Brennan into the wretched monster he hates and refuses to accept, but when an expected turn of events releases him from the bond of his obsessive maker, he returns to the home he knew 161 years earlier and finds the return of happiness and joy in something he didn’t know existed. Puzzled by his growing attraction to Chansey Leclaire, a human, he is unable to resist the captivating relationship that threatens to reveal his existence as a vampire. He eventually discovers the reason he was destined to find what he didn’t know he searched for and is faced with the cruel realization that the living and the immortal undead will always be separated by one thing. Eternity.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Review

It has been quite a few months since I’ve last read a vampire-themed novel so I gave my contemporary books a break and tried to hit on this one, and… this book reminded me of my first ever novel experience, which is also from the same genre, the Twilight Saga. Minus the pack of wolves but plus a mean mean Victoria.

The story was all about Curry Brennan, a vampire who’s going back to his mortal roots by finding his old home after several years of his escape during the great eclipse on 1989 from his obsessed female maker, Marsala. Upon going back to the place of his childhood, his house was now in the hands of two old couple so Curry presented himself as a new occupant of the offered vacant room. Destiny played its role well, and he soon met up with the care-takers’ granddaughter, Chancey, who had this line of stalker type of suitors whom Curry did not tolerate. The two felt this undeniably strong attraction towards each other and together they face the consequences of the revelation of Curry’s real being and the obstacles of their mortal-immortal relationship.

If you’re looking for a read that’s filled with vampires but is still light and not so full of drama, you should pick this one. Amidst the all the involvement of blood and attraction, the weight of the situations in this book aren't that heavy. And I also can’t help comparing Curry to Edward Cullen, not because he sparkles but in terms of being all harmless and too-good-to be true. Curry is the ultimate proof that an author can create a perfect combination of a guy-next-door and a vampire in one persona. The female lead is sometimes stubborn and sweet and is just in the right blend for the male protagonist. And actually, if the book isn't a vampire story, it could be a good contemporary novel based on the attitude of the characters. Though the book kinda lacked this certain part where you’re supposed to feel like it’s the peak of the story, the plot was good.

“I love you, Chansey Rose Leclaire and it is a terrible tragedy that you will never know how much because I could never be the same after loving you.” - Curry from Blood of Anteros”

Ratings
I got this book from the author in participation of the blog tour it has no way affected my review of the book.

Book Trailer


About the Author


I am a wife, mother of two daughters and a labor and delivery nurse. I have recently added Paranormal Romance Writer to my list of things to keep be busy, but I am ecstatic to release my debut novel, Blood of Anteros, the first book in The Vampire Agápe Series.

Like others that enjoy a great story of paranormal romance, I am easily bored by the tale of an obtainable, ordinary romance and was inspired to create The Vampire Agápe Series. When I am not tied up with my family or delivering babies, I am working feverishly on the second book in The Vampire Agápe Series.
Connect with Georgia on her: Website | FacebookTwitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
VAMPIRE AGAPE SERIES
AVAILABLE ON KINDLE AND PAPERBACK


Giveaway
Get a chance to win a Paperback Copy of Blood of Anteros and Blood Jewel.
Open for US Only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read vampire novels in years, so I am definitely looking forward to this one. There was an explosion of them around the release of Twilight, then they all disappeared. Even if this is only an average novel, I really want to give it a chance because I miss the vampire genre. heh

    Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to read this book, especially since I haven't read a whole lot of books lately that are focused on vampires. And plus, I just love this time period. Maybe vampires and the 1800s will go good together. I hope to find out! Good review (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a light, angst-free story on occasion and don't mind it having PNR elements to it. Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sound like just the kind of book I need now. Vampire, not too intense. It sounds as if I would enjoy this one very much even though you only gave it three books.
    Thank you for the review and for introducing me to another author and series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just started see quite a few reviews on this and I decided it had to go on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. This books sounds great. I love anything paranormal and with a romance threw in what is not to love. Adding to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...