Friday, August 17, 2012

[Review] Glitch by Heather Anastasiu + G!veaway


Glitch
by Heather Anastasiu
Series: Glitch #1
Published: August 7th 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Source: Publisher
Format: eARC
Genre: Science Fiction

Synopsis:
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Review

In a world where humans can’t feel emotion because of a chip implanted on them, Zoe started to “Glitch”. She started to feel emotions, she tries to hide being anomalous but in the end she found herself together with her best friend Max and the mysterious boy Adrien. Together they must work on finding other “glitchers” and escape the community.

Glitch has the potential to be a great read but it didn’t really WOWed me enough to consider it as a great book. Don’t get me wrong I did enjoy it but I was just asking for more. My expectation for this book was really high since its SciFi and stuff but I was lost in the world, I was disappointed at some point. There were times that I was so into it but then most of it was more of a letdown.

It feels so good but it’s just so wrong. As much as I love the whole premise I think it was ruined by Zoe. She annoys me with her repetitive lines about being an anomaly. It was way overboard, I couldn’t really stand it sometimes. Another thing is that I didn’t really feel that Zoe has no emotions at all; or that she’s experiencing it the first time. Though there are instances that inhibit that she doesn’t know an emotion it just didn’t stuck me that she’s emotionless.

What saves this book for me was not the love triangle but the climax. I was gasping for more toward the ending. I should say that “there’s more than meets the eye” yes! Even if it started with a dragging start I was breathless till the end. I was completely stunned through the ending with a big revelation. It ended with a bang not a whimper.

Overall even if there are flaws in this book I cannot say that I didn’t enjoy it. Glitch is a futuristic, heart wrenching debut! I recommend it to SciFi readers that are looking for a dragging start but will leave you breathless in the end. First it will drag you but after that you’ll be drawn in! You guys should read it!


Ratings
I got this book from the publisher in participation of the blog tour it has no way affected my review of the book.

Book Trailer



About the Author


Heather Anastasiu grew up in Texas and recently moved to Minneapolis with her family. When she's not busy getting lost exploring the new city, she spends most days writing at a cafĂ© or daydreaming about getting a new tattoo. Glitch is her first novel.



Connect with Heather on her: Website | FacebookTwitter | Goodreads

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
GLITCH and OVERRIDE
AVAILABLE ON KINDLE AND PAPERBACK


Giveaway
Get a chance to win a Signed Bookmark and Finished Copy of Glitch
Open for US Only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

17 comments:

  1. Looks interesting..I've seen a lot of mixed reviews of this one though


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the giveaway. I can't wait to read this book. It sounds very good. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book around and the concept is interesting. I've had that feeling several times when a book drags on but then the ending is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree more! I have a little bit of problem with the start as well but yes the concept is very interesting.

      ~Jay

      Delete
  4. I'm contemplating whether to buy Glitch or not. I guess I should check it out from library. Thanks for the helpful review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest that you read it! If you love SciFi this book is awesome. I just thought it was lacking some dynamics.

      ~Jay

      Delete
  5. Glitch was definitely one of my favourite books this year! I love your review though, it's very neutral. There are definitely bits - Zoe especially - that did grate me overall, but I loved the ending and everything so much that that made up for it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love Glitch! I think it deserves the neutral tone. I'm sure people would love it, I just needed more. I'm looking forward for the next book :)

      ~Jay

      Delete
  6. I cant wait to get my hands on a copy of this book. It sound really intriguing :)
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks interesting :D
    Thanks for the review :)
    Looking forward to read this

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot about this book. Some love it, some can't stand it. If I have time, I may have to read this and see how I feel about it. It sounds like an interesting plot, but somehow it seems like people didn't connect with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly have no idea whether to read this or not. I am just now starting to read sci-fi and I don't want to scare myself off of it with a not so hot book. Glitch is so across the board with its reviews, its almost crazy. I think this is another one of those books that I am just going to have to read and see how I like it for myself. Thanks for a great review. At least I will go into it with my guard up so that I don't get too let down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading the description made me think of Delirium a little which I love. This sounds a lot different but the "void of emotions" part is similar. I love the cover and appreciate your honest review. It hasn't been at the top of my list so I think I'll keep it there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, this one looks good! Great review anyway!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...