Thursday, September 27, 2012

[Review] Intangible by J. Meyers

Intangible
by J. Meyers
Series: Intangible #1
Published: January 31st 2012
Publisher: Self Publised
Source: Author
Format: eBook
Genre: Paranormal
Add on Goodreads
Synopsis:

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free deliveryBuy it on Amazon

Review

Intangible is different from what I usually read. Different in a good way thus making it a good read. I’m a bit skeptical about this book at first just so I’ll be honest. I never heard the book before but after reading it I can say that I really liked it.

It was interesting to read something about twins for once. I’ve never read about twins with psychic ability nor destined twins. I never really thought I’d like the idea just because the last book I’ve read was about twins involves an incestuous relationship. Sera and Luke are twins that you won’t really think of having incestuous feeling just because they are so different. I can’t even say they were twins at first just because they don’t really share a trait. But then I got convinced in the end.

I was surprised with the number of POV change in this book and the number of characters as well. I think it could have worked for me but didn’t do much. I’ve read a book with different POVs but this one didn’t work well enough for me to enjoy the whole scenario. It was lacking of emotion for each character; I couldn’t connect to most of them.

With the number of things happening for each character I’m confused with what really is going on for each character. Though their story revolves with the Prophesied Twins, I was just not connecting with it. But then near the ending where things got exciting I was gasping for it. Though things were a little bit of expected already I thoroughly enjoy the book till the ending.

Overall Intangible maybe a little bit of confusing at first all through the middle part I was totally hooked until the ending. Though I expected things to happen it was really pleasurable to have read this book. If you guys want to read a Twin character with some kick-ass paranormal actions this book is totally for you. You’ll find yourself entertained because I did!


Ratings
I got this book from the author for review, it has no way affected my review of the book.


About the Author



J. Meyers grew up in Vermont and now lives in Central New York. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s chasing her four kids around, exploring the outdoors with them, relishing the few quiet moments she gets with her husband, baking sweet treats, and forgetting to make dinner. Though she cannot actually see the future nor heal with a touch of her hand, she likes to think her children believe she can. Intangible is her first novel.
Connect with J. Meyers on her: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
INTANGIBLE
AVAILABLE ON KINDLE AND PAPERBACK

9 comments:

  1. I instantly like the story line of the twins having unique gifts. Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few reviews of intangible but I didn't know that it was self-published. I really respect self published authors because of ALL the work they do to finish their book.
    I love the idea of twins but not twins that are EXACTLY copies of each other. I want twins that are strong and independent characters. It looks like Intangible hits that part perfectly.
    LOVED you review.
    Your new reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that have different points of view - however, many authors do not have the pizzazz for it. The best I have read so far is Game of Thrones. As for the twin plot, I am glad that Meyer made them distinct. Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the problem with Multi-POV books is that sometimes you don't really know what's really happening with the other characters.

      ~Jay

      Delete
  4. I've heard great things about this one! Plus multiple POV's. But thanks for the honest review! Know what to expect now!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that the book is about twins but I'll be hesitant to read it because of the multiple POV, sometimes I have difficulty connecting with characters. It does sound like an interesting read so I'll add it to my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Intangible on my Kindle but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I have heard some great things, and some just so-so things. I think it might be interesting to read about twins in a paranormal setting at least though. I don't think that I have read anything with twins yet, so at least that aspect of the book will be interesting. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the storyline of the book. But I'm not a fan of those with alot of POV changes 'cause that's too confusing. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw this cover I thought it was Glimpse by Stacey Wallace Benefiel - they look so similar!

    The storyline with twins sounds really interesting, but I've read books with similar themes (twins with power and switching POV) that haven't worked out too well, but it sounds like this one may be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...