Saturday, September 29, 2012

[Review] Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits
by Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing the Limits #1
Published: August 3rd 2012
Publisher: Mira Ink
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add on Goodreads
Synopsis:

"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.

So wrong for each other...and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free deliveryBuy it on Amazon

Review

There are certain events in our life that we don't want to share to other people. This may be due to several reasons: shame, trauma, trust problems and other personal and psychological reasons. Echo, cheerleader girl, popular boyfriend and girl friends, simply on top of her game, vanished one day and went back to school showing the total opposite.

She has been seeing a shrink to help her get through the events of her life, but what could be worse than not remembering what happened? She was so traumatized that her mind repressed it. And nobody wants to tell her! Only her scarred arms is the remainder of what really happened. And same with Echo, I was raging so bad when I knew it was her father and stepmother that really don't want her to remember it. What have they done?

Wanting so bad to earn so she can have her deceased brother’s car fixed, she was given a duty to tutor someone... Someone who has issues too. Noah lived his life with the only goal of getting his brothers from their foster parents. He believed that only himself can give the utmost care and love to his brothers. Stoner, careless and has emotional issues, this guy can never be with someone like Echo. Noah is like a ticking bomb, you gotta handle it with care or it'll explode. Echo on the other hand, is so fragile. One wrong move and she just might lose it.

It is so hard to deal with someone who has a very painful history while trying to overcome yours. Imagine how hard it is for two people to be together, two people who have trust issues, two people who live life with so many boundaries... How they conquered it, I will not spill. Heheh... Two opposite people (except of course the fact that they are both disturbed), helped each other push beyond the limits...

And I totally love Noah! This guy is oozing with sexiness! I love how he’d do everything for his brothers. And imagining him while he and Echo were playing pool, gaaah, I couldn’t control myself! Tension and chemistry, they both have it! Echo, even being controlled by his father, still has the courage to do the things she wants and that made me love her more! All characters in this story have contributed well, not a single dull moment.

This book made me cry several times! I was so moved and got so emotional, I felt the pain of their situation especially Echo's. I really recommend everyone to read this!

Ratings
I got this book from the publisher for review, it has no way affected my review of the book.


Book Trailer


About the Author



KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebook and Goodreads.
Connect with Katie on her: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
PUSHING THE LIMITS
AVAILABLE ON KINDLE AND PAPERBACK

16 comments:

  1. I loved this book and I am glad you did too :). Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been waiting for this book to giveaway for international reader, but never found it, so sad because i really love to read this book because from the review i read this book sounds great and i love your review too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading the book and I also loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved, loved, loved this book! So happy you did, too! :)
    It was a joy to read. Great review!

    Precious
    Fragments of Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adored this book too.. it's sooooo emotional!!! Glad you enjoyed it :) One of my favorites this year...

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great read. I want to get to know Noah too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never hyeard of this book Seems like my type. I will check it out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book glad you enjoyed it as well...I can't wait for the next one in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Im SO glad you loved this one =DPushing the Limits is oneof the best contemporary novels of the year =D
    ANd I love Noah's sexynnes too! kyaaaaaa!
    Awesome review sweetheart! I hope youve been doing great ^^

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! Can't wait to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this book, it's complicated and interesting at the same time, even though people said that if you love Simone Elkeles books, you'll love this book, I prefer way more this book than Simone Elkeles books :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone seems to love this book I've read a lot of reviews and most of them compares it with Simone Elkeles books and I love them, so I can't wait to put my hand on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome book! I love the characters, the grittiness but also the hope:)

    Great review:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard such great things about this book! I'm getting a copy soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was lucky enough to win this one a few months ago, but I still haven't had a chance to read it. It drives me nuts every time I look at my shelf and see it sitting there and know that I don't have time to read it yet. I should be able to in a couple of weeks, finally! Your review is more motivation for me to hurry up and get there! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this book! It was everything I wanted and more. I love Eco and Noah! Can't wait to read about Beth.

    Maycee Greene (Limo Seattle)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...