Monday, October 8, 2012

[Review] Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Destroy Me
by Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me 1.5
Published: October 2nd 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Bought
Format: Kindle
Genre: Dystopia / Post Apocalyptic
Add on Goodreads
Synopsis:

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
buy the book from The Book Depository, free deliveryBuy it on Amazon

Review

If you read Shatter Me, I say that you should not dare miss reading Destroy Me! If you hate Warner this is a book to redeem that feeling.

Warner is one of the reason I loved Shatter Me, he’s basically a ruthless guy in the outside but who knew what’s up in his head until this book came out. I didn't pass the chance to read it and I was just, blown away. I never really knew what was coming and after reading this short e-novella I just can’t seem to process everything. It was short but gives enough reason to love Warner… more!

Though I really enjoyed this book it made me think of Warner differently… both Positive and Negative. Let’s just go with the positive first and then will rant in a few. Warner is capable of loving! Yes, he is one helluva smitten guy over Juliette and I admire him for that. Reading a piece of his mind makes me care more about him. He may have his merciless ways but in the end he just wants what’s best for him and… Juliette. Which was not known at first but I have a soft spot for him after reading this one. Even though I like his ruthless ways of doing things, he’s just the way he is and it was nice to know the reasons behind them. Now for the Negative part, he’s not the Warner I know. I was kind of sad that this Warner I’m reading is different from the one I know, or rather what Juliette knows. It was good to know his feelings and thoughts but it made me think of him as a weak character. He’s basically smitten over a girl who he doesn’t really know, love makes him weak. His initial introduction is supposed to be a fierce leader of Sector 45 but as I read the book there is more that meets the eye. He’s a different person that is capable of loving someone; he’s someone who will fight for what he wants. Don’t get me wrong I love knowing he’s capable of these emotions but it was really different. I never knew this side of him exists until now. Where did the fierce Warner that I know of go? All I see now is a love smitten guy that will do everything to take Juliette back and take revenge on Adam.

On a side note this e-novella has some bonus content that would entice every reader. It contains files from Warner and the Reestablishment.

Overall this book just made me gasp for more. I need to read Unravel Me soon and wish that it’s 2013 already. I’m building up my theory on what will happen on the next book and more reason to wait. If you love Warner you will enjoy reading this short e-novella.

Ratings


About the Author



Tahereh Mafi is a girl. She’s 24. She writes books and reads books and drinks way too much coffee. SHATTER ME is her first novel, and the first of a trilogy, coming from Harper/HarperCollins on November 15, 2011. Film rights have been optioned by 20th Century Fox.

Her work is represented by Jodi Reamer of Writers House, LLC.
Connect with Tahereh on her: HarperTeen | BlogFacebook | Twitter | TumblrGoodreads

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
SHATTER ME AND DESTROY ME
AVAILABLE ON KINDLE, HARDCOVER
AND PAPERBACK

14 comments:

  1. Okay. Maybe this is just the thing I need to read to get on the Warren bandwagon. I'm torn. I love Adam...but I hate love triangles. Actually, I'm not entirely sure I'll be reading this series. Is that bad? Love triangles tend to serial killers for me. And I mean that in the literal sense... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. I'm still a little torn as to whether I should read this. I loved Shatter Me, but am not a huge Warner fan. He's an interesting character but part of me wants to leave him as is.

    Ahh, what am I saying?! I'm definitely going to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Destroy Me. I couldn't stop reading it. It was amazing. Warner is one of my favorite "villains" ever, although he's not really a villain anymore in my eyes.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, he's not very villainy in my eyes as well. But I really liked the villain Warner. I liked him better that way.

      ~Jay

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the review . Destroy Me sounds good but I guess I need to read Shatter Me first :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely sounds great. I absolutely LOVED Shatter Me and was worried of the second book curse where the second book doest live upto the expectations. SO glad this is as good!
    Thanks for the amazing review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't like love triangle story, but it's nice to know different side of warner, I don't know whether it will make me like him more or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I've been wanting to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I haven't been introduced to this series as of yet, your review of the novella has piqued my interest. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks and sounds sooo good! Thank you so much for the review! I've never heard of this book until now. I'd also like to read Shatter Me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! I am so glad you liked it! I can't wait to read it myself <3 Tahereh Mafi is a genius

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never liked Warner and I'm afraid this will change my OTP of Adam and Juliette!T_T [But isn't that what books do? Drive us into different emotions? :))
    Anyway, I hope I can read it soon.. I just have to brace myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Team Warner all the waaaay! I think it won't destroy your OTP with Adam and Juliette but you'll have better understanding of Warner's actions. You should read it soon!

      ~Jay

      Delete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...