Thursday, November 8, 2012

[Review] Alibi by Annie Miles; Isabel Eckersley, John Byrne, Sorrel Provola


Alibi: The Complete Series
by Annie Miles, John Byrne, Isabel Eckersley, Sorrel Provola, Twist Literary
Series: Series 1-4 Omnibus
Published: 2012
Publisher: Twist Literary
Source: Tour Host
Format: PDF
Genre: Mystery / Contemporary / Suspense
Add on Goodreads
Synopsis:
Abigail Shelton is dead.

Spring Valley's golden girl is found floating face-down in her boyfriend’s pool, hands bound behind her back, head bleeding, drugs and alcohol in her system. Her friends are the only suspects – and they all have reasons to want her dead. Everyone has an alibi, but no one is innocent.

ALIBI is a 4-part young adult e-book series. Each one-hundred page installment reveals the perspective of a different character: the secret love, the nemesis, the boyfriend, the best friend. As their tales unfold, we learn that Abby is not as perfect as everyone believes, but she’s not the only one with secrets to hide. This page-turning tale of suspense, betrayal, murder, and lust will keep fans of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars up and reading well past curfew.
Buy the book from The Book Depository, free deliveryBuy it on Amazon

Review

I got really excited when I got this for review and when I've read the synopsis. I kind of miss reading mystery books. And this one didn't fail me, I love its pacing and what a page turner indeed!

The books has four parts, covering four different POVs. All of them has reasons, lied and played the game. All of them has this hidden agenda, desires and they did everything to get it. What is it that they really want? Is it so bad that it led to the death of Abby Shelton?

CHARLES. Charles is a transferee from Australia and now living with his cousin in US. At first glance, you'll think Charles was just caught in the middle. Just one hunk, sporty guy whom you'd think changed for the good, but upon reading other's POVs, you'd see the real him and you don't even have to wonder why he needed to leave Australia. Charles, I'd say, is very stealth with his moves and motives.

PALMER. She is one complex character, I had a tad difficulty assessing her. She's unpredictable, you can never guess what's on her mind. She's like the person so serious with her studies so she can have scholarship, yet she has this really bad reputation. She’s timid and shy with her actions, but mind you, her tranquility runs deep. At the end of this part, there is a shocking revelation of what she can do! Didn’t see that coming!

MASON / ACE. Now, I probably should me telling you how Mason is bad, etc… But I think, he’s not. He is just very much gullible and weak minded. He’s the person who always needed assurance and praises, and couldn’t stand on his own. Mason is Abby’s girlfriend. Their relationship is so platonic and could this be the reason why Abby ended up in someone else’s arms? And Mason stupid enough not to see it? He then sought strength from drugs and well, we all know what people can do under the influence of it.

ROWAN. She's Abby's best friend, but is she really? Rowan has a lot of angst in life, very sneaky too. In this portion, I already got tired with the retelling of the scenes that I skipped some parts. I think I know her enough to really not devour much of her opinions. She's a mad girl!

At the end of the day, one question remains... Who killed Abby? It's for me to know and for you to find out!

Ratings
I got this book from the tour host in participation of the blog tour,
it has no way affected my review of the book.

Twist Literary Publishing
Social Media links:

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT
ALIBI VOLUMES I-IV
AVAILABLE ON KINDLE



Giveaway
Get a chance to win 20 eBook copies of Alibi
10 eBook copies of The Dirty Secrets of Markham Savoy (Colebrook #1)

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you Julie @ AToMR 
for letting us be part of the tour.

2 comments:

  1. I think this sounds fantastic! I love the cover so much. it reminds me of Gossip Girl a little bit, and I love me some Gossip Girl! Glad you enjoyed it :D

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...