Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #34

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Frozen
by Melissa  De La Cruz
& Michael Johnston
Expected publication: September 17th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile
Set in 111 C.D., one hundred and eleven years after a Catastrophic Disaster has wiped out 99% of humanity and left the earth covered in ice, this new series introduces readers to a ragtag group of friends and the dawning of a new time. The world of reason, of mathematics and science, is ending, and a new civilization is being born from the ice: a world of magic and mayhem, sorcerers and spellcraft.

FROZEN is the first in a trilogy and is set to release in Spring of 2013.

I have a confession to make, I haven't read any books by both authors and I think this might be my first for both! Hitting two birds in one stone right? I really like the premise of the book, basing on the synopsis it consists of dystopia with magic, sorcecers and spellcraft! isn't that amazing to start with? I'm quite eager to read this book and I'm setting a high expectation for this one.


WHAT BOOK/S ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
LEAVE US A LINK SO WE COULD CHECK IT OUT!

21 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome. Thanks for putting it on my radar. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Saw this one earlier! Very intrigued by the cover alone!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to get my hands on this one when it comes out! It just sounds amazing! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that book.

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... you don't have it that often that you move forward in time but back in civilization. oO Nice pick, thanks for stepping by my WoW and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh i likey likey. thanks for sharing.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see the new cover I get super sad. While I still really want to read this book I can't stand that they changed the cover to something so plain, sigh.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is a totally me-book even though I haven't read anything from either of the authors before.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't hear about this book before but I LOVE the cover and the summary - dystopia + magic. Bring it on. Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new turn in dystopian novels, I haven't read one where magic began after most humans were gone. A new series to look forward, I haven't read anything from the authors either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really excited to read monre from Melissa De La Cruz. This new series sounds really good! Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'M in LOVE with that cover! I've been dying to read Frozen! We must be in pain together...lol
    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this cover and this sounds like a good book.
    Cricket@ Little Library Muse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo I've read Melissa's other series 'Blue Bloods' and I enjoy that so I might have to put this on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a huge fan of Melissa De La Cruz, but a dystopian with magic? Uh. Yeah. Count me in on this one!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read these authors, either. What a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhh how exciting! I haven't read any of Melissa dela Cruz's books that this one sounds like something right up my alley.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I already have this book on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. It sounds amazing! Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read any books by this authors either but this one sounds perfect for me! Love the post-apocalyptic dystopians. A future ice world BURRR! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, pretty cover :) Seems like an amazing book ;) I hope you will love it sweetie. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Feel free to express what you feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...